Playoffs! Playoffs?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Man...See the out of town scoreboard tonight? Brutal for the Yotes again.

Only thing that didn't go against them was the Canucks lost.

Vancouver is four points up with three games in hand. They'd need to have a meltdown to be relevant. Their team is clearly feeling it and wanting to make the playoffs so I don't think it's likely.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The Coyotes have earned 53% of the possible points available to them this season thus far. That's good for 11th place in the Western Conference. Only Chicago (50%), Anaheim (46%), San Jose (44%) and Los Angeles (41%) are worse than the Coyotes in the West.

Even if you're a dumb ass who can't figure out how games in hand work (Craig Morgan) - and you just go off of straight up points accumulated, the Coyotes are 10th in the West, and the only team that moves below is Minnesota. The Wild, however, have the 9th best P% in the entire NHL in the month of February. The Coyotes? 24th. So I'd say it's pretty silly to act like they're "ahead" of Minnesota because they have one more point than them in three additional games.

The Coyotes are the 11th best team in the Western Conference. And that's not going to change. They will remain in 11th place from today to the end of the season. I will bet anything on that.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Vancouver is four points up with three games in hand. They'd need to have a meltdown to be relevant. Their team is clearly feeling it and wanting to make the playoffs so I don't think it's likely.

Oh I agree..they'd have to play like the Coyotes and most importantly the Coyotes would have to play like a good team. Aka... not happening.

rt

May 13, 2004
Oh I agree..they'd have to play like the Coyotes and most importantly the Coyotes would have to play like a good team. Aka... not happening.
I already know what will happen. The only teams in the Western Conference that will have fewer points than Arizona are Chicago and the three California teams. That’s it. Out East I’m sure Detroit, New Jersey and Ottawa will be worse. Buffalo and Montreal are toss-ups. But I’ll say we get one more point than each and finish with the 10th best odds in the lottery.

Hall will leave and we’ll have traded the 10th overall pick and Kevin Bahl for the trouble. That’s okay though. It’s not like our team lacks a physical presence on the blueline or a top center prospect like Perfetti, Lundell, Zary, or Holloway.

Bahl and Lundell probably aren’t even good or anything anyway, right?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I already know what will happen. The only teams in the Western Conference that will have fewer points than Arizona are Chicago and the three California teams. That’s it. Out East I’m sure Detroit, New Jersey and Ottawa will be worse. Buffalo and Montreal are toss-ups. But I’ll say we get one more point than each and finish with the 10th best odds in the lottery.

Hall will leave and we’ll have traded the 10th overall pick and Kevin Bahl for the trouble. That’s okay though. It’s not like our team lacks a physical presence on the blueline or a top center prospect like Perfetti, Lundell, Zary, or Holloway.

Bahl and Lundell probably aren’t even good or anything anyway, right?
It was nice watching Hall and seeing how a real star player performs every game as us fans have gotten use to watching such garbage over the years. That trade should have never happened at this stage of our rebuild. Chayka has put us in a real bad spot if Hall leaves.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It sure is "fun" watching reality finally set in for some of you...
Not sure what you mean by that. Most thought this team would not make the playoff's this year, were a bubble team at best. The Coyotes just gave us false hope when they were in first place earlier in the year, now we are acting and talking like they are a first place team that crashed and burned. I think with a better coach that crash and burn would not have been as bad and we would still be in the playoff hunt.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Not sure what you mean by that. Most thought this team would not make the playoff's this year, were a bubble team at best. The Coyotes just gave us false hope when they were in first place earlier in the year, now we are acting and talking like they are a first place team that crashed and burned. I think with a better coach that crash and burn would not have been as bad and we would still be in the playoff hunt.
You might want to check the points prediction thread.

Reactions: Fuhrious

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You predicted 96 points and the playoffs in the prediction thread?

Reactions: Fuhrious

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You predicted 96 points and the playoffs in the prediction thread?
Yup, I thought they had to make the playoffs for the season to be a success. Some predicted much less, you at 91pts. So if we end up at say 86 pts. isn't that pretty close to what you thought and others as well? Isn't that a bubble team?

rt

May 13, 2004
Yup, I thought they had to make the playoffs for the season to be a success. Some predicted much less, you at 91pts. So if we end up at say 86 pts. isn't that pretty close to what you thought and others as well? Isn't that a bubble team?
Did you just forget that they traded their 1st round pick and a pile of futures for a 28 year old former league MVP? Don’t you think that maybe kinda sorta changes expectations? Shake your head out if you think 86 points is “pretty close”. That’s possibly your most outrageous take yet, Jake. Come on man.

Reactions: _Del_ and Fuhrious

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Did you just forget that they traded their 1st round pick and a pile of futures for a 28 year old former league MVP? Don’t you think that maybe kinda sorta changes expectations? Shake your head out if you think 86 points is “pretty close”. That’s possibly your most outrageous take yet, Jake. Come on man.
One player does not make a team. I thought Hall would help, but I sure didn't think him as a savior for this team. Hall is a star, not a super star.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
One player does not make a team. I thought Hall would help, but I sure didn't think him as a savior for this team. Hall is a star, not a super star.

League MVP is a superstar in my book.

Here are the top 10 P/GP with at least 600 games played over the past 10 seasons. All superstars.

That said, it's a team sport. One player can't carry a mediocre team to the playoffs.

upload_2020-2-28_8-44-34.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
man we suck ..

How is it every other NHL team knows to get "inside" to score except for us .. How are the coaches not seeing that?
- Our D stay way up at the blue line , our forwards are to the outside
- Even Tuc players know how to score.

And can we stop the "OEL skates it up to the center line , stops and drops it way back to the trailing forward thing" on the PP? It is getting old, and everyone in the building knows he is going to do it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
man we suck ..

How is it every other NHL team knows to get "inside" to score except for us .. How are the coaches not seeing that?

And can we stop the "OEL skates it up to the center line , stops and drops it way back to the trailing forward thing" on the PP? It is getting old, and everyone in the building knows he is going to do it.
Everyone of our D who is on the PP does it, and in fact most teams do.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
man we suck ..

No one on this team can get the blue line on a consistent basis. Hall and Kessel turn it over too much and Keller panics. Its either dump and chase or the drop back then turn it over.

Reactions: RemoAZ

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Playoff chances up to 35%

Tonight we need Vancouver to lose to Columbus, Flames lose to Panthers, and the Caps defeat the Wild.

Reactions: Dr VinnyBoombatz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->