Playoffs! Playoffs?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
The timing with Covid-19 and anticipated growth in the US/Canada into April does not bode well. Many companies are now telling employees to work from home...including the company I work for which has over 100,000 employees.

Jesus where do you work?? Also are they hiring anyone for marketing haha.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Given what's happening to the stock price I don't think we'll be hiring new employees anytime soon. ;)

Funny you say that, as I start on the 31st for a company that has over 100,000 employees...of course, I've also been a contractor of theirs for 12 years, so... (and we're also getting the "in case we all have to WFH" memos)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
^yeah, almost time to bring back that joke from 10 years ago: "I just checked my 401k. It's now a 201k."

The market hasn't dropped enough. Still overvalued in many respects. Considering the upcoming hit to GDP due to virus mitigation, it's very richly priced.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Nashville and Vancouver both won last night, Vancouver via SO. Playoff chance will likely drop about 2% to around 17.5%

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
I think its unnecessary to watch the standings.
There wont be any playoffs this year cause of this Corona virus.
In germany, the playoffs are already cancelled, Soccer games until now without any people, first games already cancelled. ...wonder if there are any nhl games in 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: Name Nameless

che

Jan 6, 2018
Gothenburg
I think its unnecessary to watch the standings.
There wont be any playoffs this year cause of this Corona virus.
In germany, the playoffs are already cancelled, Soccer games until now without any people, first games already cancelled. ...wonder if there are any nhl games in 2-3 weeks.

Yeah the way sporting events gets cancelled all over Europe is probably a good indication of what will happen in the US shortly...

I doubt they'll play with empty stadiums.

Lets make sure we lose the next couple of games and hope Hall is the magic lotto ticket. ;)

Reactions: Name Nameless

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah the way sporting events gets cancelled all over Europe is probably a good indication of what will happen in the US shortly...

I doubt they'll play with empty stadiums.

Lets make sure we lose the next couple of games and hope Hall is the magic lotto ticket. ;)

The Ivy League just cancelled their basketball tournament. On the one hand you might be saying "Ivy League...who cares?", but on the other hand, those guys are considered smart; they might be on to something.

Reactions: che

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The Ivy League just cancelled their basketball tournament. On the one hand you might be saying "Ivy League...who cares?", but on the other hand, those guys are considered smart; they might be on to something.

More like it probably costs them more than they make for that tournament. It was a "win-win" for them. Save some money and look good in the public eyes.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
So if Friedman's idea gets implemented by the NHL & 24 teams make the post-season, whenever that occurs, the Coyotes would back into the playoffs with 11th slot in the WC and 22nd overall.

Reactions: cobra427

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
More like it probably costs them more than they make for that tournament. It was a "win-win" for them. Save some money and look good in the public eyes.
Let everyone in. No more regular season games this year when play resumes, just start the playoff rounds. Let the upsets begin.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Let everyone in. No more regular season games this year when play resumes, just start the playoff rounds. Let the upsets begin.
I agree with you. Think of how cool that would be to have every team in, first round best of 5 series. That would create excitement.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I agree with you. Think of how cool that would be to have every team in, first round best of 5 series. That would create excitement.

Here are the hottest teams over the last 30 days. How big would the uproar be if a team like LA won the Cup?

upload_2020-3-13_12-45-1.png

cobra427

May 6, 2012
How about the Devils? Hall might take a hit on his contract.
Hall is clearly our best all around player and most effective point producer. But, based on our record, he hasn't made a material difference. I kind of wonder if we or anyone else should be spending the money and cap space to sign an elite winger like Hall, the least important position. It seems like a 1C/2C or top pairing D is a better bet for a long term expensive deal, and more of a difference maker in theory. I'm mixed and I like Hall a lot as a player.

Reactions: Jakey53 and MIG

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hall is clearly our best all around player and most effective point producer. But, based on our record, he hasn't made a material difference. I kind of wonder if we or anyone else should be spending the money and cap space to sign an elite winger like Hall, the least important position. It seems like a 1C/2C or top pairing D is a better bet for a long term expensive deal, and more of a difference maker in theory. I'm mixed and I like Hall a lot as a player.

Pre-Hall trade:
Coyotes - .600
Devils - .381

Post trade:
Coyotes - .457
Devils - .581

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Pre-Hall trade:
Coyotes - .600
Devils - .381

Post trade:
Coyotes - .457
Devils - .581

Althought Kuemper was lost as Hall arrived, the backup tending by Hill and Raanta was good, wasn't it. I mean, I don't have the stats here, but they were not losing those games. The lack of goalscoring did. So Hall didn't solve that issue.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Althought Kuemper was lost as Hall arrived, the backup tending by Hill and Raanta was good, wasn't it. I mean, I don't have the stats here, but they were not losing those games. The lack of goalscoring did. So Hall didn't solve that issue.

Before trade:
Kuemper - .935 sv%
Raanta - .919

Post trade:
Kuemper - .901
Raanta - .922
Hill - .918

We've allowed a few more goals post trade, but biggest problem is not enough scoring.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Before trade:
Kuemper - .935 sv%
Raanta - .919

Post trade:
Kuemper - .901
Raanta - .922
Hill - .918

We've allowed a few more goals post trade, but biggest problem is not enough scoring.

Goaltending at .920 should be a top three team in the Pacific. Something is terribly wrong with the goalscoring. Brutal. Horribel. Abysmal. Yeah, none of those words covers it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad