Playoffs of Laine/Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 147413

Will these playoffs change the unanimous belief held by everybody. That Laine is better than Marner if these two players continue on their trajectories?

To me, and im sure everybody else, Laine has been mediocre, despite his play, Jets are scorching hot with Byfuglien, Scheifele and Wheeler leading the charge. Is this up and down fluctuation of determining who is the better player, has Marner surpassed Laine for the time being?

member 147413

Regardless of playoff performances I'll still think Laine over Marner.
A valid opinion, as is the opposite.

The impact each player having for their team this post season is certainly up for discussion.

Marner was tasked with Marleau and Plekanec to matchup against Boston’s elite line. Something that line did very well, forcing Cassidy to avoid that matchup.

Despite that Marner produced 9 points in 7 games. The same total of points Laine has through 11 games.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
giphy.webp

member 147413

Leafs fans saltiness is reaching sad levels. It's not Laines/Jets fault Matthews was bad these playoffs.
Matthews was very bad this post season. I was pretty pissed about his lack of production.

I think he was playing injured, but I still expected more.

Marner was phenomenal and was a nightmare for Bruins players. In my opinion his impact on the ice this playoffs was greater than Laine for the Jets. I think the stats back that up.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
When the heck did Laine vs Marner even become a thing?

I thought the comparison was Matthews vs Laine
Laine vs Marner is a way better comparison. Both are wingers who aren't on the top line, and who have their best performances on the PP. They were separated by 1 point this year

Matthews is quite a bit ahead of both

Reactions: Critical

member 147413

When the heck did Laine vs Marner even become a thing?

I thought the comparison was Matthews vs Laine
Both are dynamic young wingers who produce very similar point totals. Both being more effective on the power play. Both are not the expected primary point producers for their teams.

Matthews and Laine are often compared, but it’s more difficult to compare players playing different positions and in different roles.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Lol come on now nobody in their right mind should be picking Marner of Laine.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
its not fair to compare laine and matthews, laine and marner, or even matthews and marner for that matter. they all played against much different opposition.

member 147413

We all know Laine lives rent free inside your head.

The sad part is that it ain't a joke.
Meh, rent is pretty cheap in my head. Not the best accommodations, feel bad he’s gotta live there if that’s the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad