Playoffs/No Playoffs

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
fans need to realize that a majority finesse team never wins or does anything in the playoffs, even those Wings teams from the 90s had more grit than this soft team. great job Gorts

agreed. Id point to some of those presidents cup Caps teams (that had wayyy more than we have) but were always eliminated in the first round (sometimes by a tougher Torts Rangers team). Once you hit Backstrom and Greene a few times; they were neutralized.

that said, cuyle and schneider sound like tougher players. And we can easily pick up those types.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
fans need to realize that a majority finesse team never wins or does anything in the playoffs, even those Wings teams from the 90s had more grit than this soft team. great job Gorts

They are on record of saying they need to add these kinds of players. They haven't had the flexibility to do it the last year or so. But they know you can't win without it...and I expect we will see changes in this area beginning this summer when we finally have the cap space.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
They are on record of saying they need to add these kinds of players. They haven't had the flexibility to do it the last year or so. But they know you can't win without it...and I expect we will see changes in this area beginning this summer when we finally have the cap space.
really umm how about drafting these types or signing the UDFA or DFA. singing these NHL UFA guys here rarely worked out

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
There would have to be a massive collapse of multiple losses by either the Bruins and/or Penguins against teams like the Devils and Buffalo and I just dont see it happening.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
There would have to be a massive collapse of multiple losses by either the Bruins and/or Penguins against teams like the Devils and Buffalo and I just dont see it happening.
LOL...but it would be some damn funny if it did.....especially the Penguins . Who knows though....these last games could be very entertaining and there will be plenty of guys hurt . That Bruin -Cap game was vicious...Imagine if Crosby and Malkin were both out ? Imagine a Bruin club with no Bergeron or Marchand ....or the Caps with no Ovie and Backstrom....it can happen .

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
It's going to really hurt when the team f***ing around early in the season will cost them a playoff spot when they're playing this well. Or because of Nazarov. Whichever you want to blame.
Agreed. What kills me is that there were SO. MANY. Winnable. Games. At the beginning of the season. But utter stupidity, bad goaltending, and bad coaching cost us a lot of points.

On the other hand, even in a weak draft, if we somehow end up picking top 3 or top 5, we’re looking VERY dangerous for the future. It gives us that little bit of extra value in a trade for a top center. Or obviously we make the pick and have yet another top prospect.

I almost always agree with your posts (although they are pretty negative lol), but I’m just trying to put a somewhat positive spin on it. Although it’s not easy with this team:(

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
The playoff dream gets one more shot to continue
Sunday(tomorrow) and then Tuesday, NYR play Sabres, while Bruins face Pitt same days.
So, if NYR can TCB,
as does Pitt,
we can wake up Wednesday 2 points back.
But then the climb gets way steep...
And if its not that way, then it should be Barron/Tarmo time for last 12 days

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad