Playoffs first round: who you got?

Who is going to win their round one playoff series (pick 8)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I like polls. There's gotta be some upsets right? List is in order of matchups except in the west. Still yet to be determined is if Vegas or Colorado will be the first seed. First seed gets the Blues, second seed gets the Wild. You got four days to call it!

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Crow

May 19, 2014
I feel like McDavid is going to will his team into a ‘conference’ final and then lose.

Leafs/habs - not confident in a winner here

The west seems like a no brainer with either Colorado or Vegas making the ‘conference’ final.

Bruins/Caps - Also feel like this could go either way

NYI/Pens - going with the underdog here

Last edited:

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I feel like McDavid is going to will his team into a ‘conference’ final and then lose.

Leafs/habs - not confident in a winner here

The west seems like a no brainer with either Colorado or Vegas making the ‘conference’ final.

Bruins/Caps - Also feel like this could go either was

NYI/Pens - going with the underdog here

I feel like Taylor Hall was a huge add while the Caps have locker room issues. That being said, don't the Caps usually have locker room issues?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Season series.

The Penguins were 6-2-0 vs the Islanders.

The Capitals and Bruins split the series 4-4.

The Hurricanes were 6-2-0 vs the Predators.

The Panthers were 5-2-1 vs the Lightning.

The Avalanche were 5-2-1 against the Wild and 5-3-0 against the Blues.

The Knights were 3-4-1 against the Wild and 6-1-1 against the Blues.

The Leafs were 7-2-1 against the Habs.

The Oilers were 7-2-0 against the Jets.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I feel like Taylor Hall was a huge add while the Caps have locker room issues. That being said, don't the Caps usually have locker room issues?
That’s the way I voted but I’m less confident in that pick than others. I have concerns about Boston staying healthy. Seems like they are always starting their 9th Dman the last two years and they have less depth with chara on the other team.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
First round winners:

NYI
BOS
COL
VGK
CAR
FLA
TOR
EDM

Division winners:

BOS
COL
CAR
TOR

Final:

COL over CAR

Last edited:
Reactions: Brightwing

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I donnitvthink I will watch much ifvthe playoffs....too hard to take...you know...actyalkyvwatching comment teans ...and contemplating the gap between the incompetence of the Hawks vs. Teanscthatcactually do things like posessdion in thevi-zone... winning loose puck races....winning puck battles...finishing checks,impeding easy oaths to theirvown net,blocking point shots than therefore cannot get on net,or getting ointvshotsvon net when in the o-zone..

No team usvoefect..butvtge Hawks keept making the same mistakes and showong thec same incompetence game after game after game...cmso the real gap between them and mistvifctge playoff teams is enormous.

Thinking about how much competency improvements Hawks must fix is too monumental a gap to ckose to the level of a goid playoff team...Thereforexwatchibgvcomotence on display by playoff teams is too hardcto watch...Reminds me of what is impossible to fix quickly...Going to take longer than we want to believe.

So watching competency levels ckash with each other us so depressing...knowing we cannot have that probably forca very long tone ...probably after all the glory Hawjs of tge Cuo years are all gone from the team..

Knowing Hawjs will continue incompetence for 5-7 more years before finally turning a corner.
The kust of areas to improve on is so so large ...depressing to contemplate...depressing to think fans ofcpkayoff teams look forward to their team trying oi advance ...so jealousxzmI about that in comparison to tge bleak Hawks future which must realusticalkyvsuffer several more seasons of blundersx,flaws and fails.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad