Playoff Watch/Out of Town Scoreboard Thread

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Reviews need to go to Toronto. I'm sure the refs couldn't see that puck on their shitty, finger-print-full iPads, but it was clear as day that that play was offside by a mile. It should be tied at 3 in OT right now at the very least.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
The current wildcard teams in the East are on pace for 98pts (Habs) and 95pts (Jackets) respectively. I agree we need to get going but I don't see why its going to take 100pts.

More Ot’s as the games tighten for the playoff chase. Artificial inflation.

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Some reason for optimism boys. Not sure if anyone has looked this far ahead, but March schedules for Carolina and Pittsburgh are br00000tal.

Carolina

STL
at FLA
at BOS
WPG
at NSH
at COL
at CBJ
BUF
PIT
TB
MIN
MTL
at WSH
WSH
PHI
at PIT

Pittsburgh

at BUF
at MTL
FLA
CBJ
at CBJ
BOS
WSH
at BUF
STL
PHI
at CAR
at NSH
at DAL
at NYR
NSH
CAR

Meanwhile, we've got...

PIT
at TOR
EDM
at CHI
at COL
DAL
PIT
at CAR
STL
TOR
at MTL
at NJ
at OTT
DET
at NYI
CBJ
then NSH, OTT, at DET to finish out

Lot of top teams for them. Lot of points for the taking for us. A handful of head to heads. Point is: Just get out of February keeping it close.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Very doable if the team keeps playing the way they have been and the goaltending holds up.

I wish I felt that optimistic, but I struggle to envision us finishing around 16-10. We'd have to string together at least 5 or 6 wins somewhere for that to happen and I don't see us beating up on all the teams below us.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
There were 5 games last night affecting our playoff race or draft picks and they all went against us lol. (outside of our win which was well played)

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
The problem is, I don't think 95 points will do it this year. More likely will take something like 98.

I think we are looking at needing a 17-8-1 type or equivalent record (especially with probably losing any tiebreakers) to have a good shot.

Not impossible, but not easy.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The problem is, I don't think 95 points will do it this year. More likely will take something like 98.

I think we are looking at needing a 17-8-1 type or equivalent record (especially with probably losing any tiebreakers) to have a good shot.

Not impossible, but not easy.

Yeah, I think you're right.

I'm prepared for disappointment, I just can't see this team putting together roughly two wins for every one loss over the final quarter plus of the season.

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Hopefully McD and Co. Help us out tonight. No Malkin for PIT after trying to decapitate a guy.

We've got to approach it like this: our playoffs start now.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If we're gonna catch anyone in the standings....the Penguins won't be the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->