Playoff vs Top prospect

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
First place in the Eastern Conference...talk of picking top 3.

23519565.jpg

Pretty much that :laugh:

Darth Joker

Dec 12, 2009
Canada
2009 NHL Entry 1 5 Brayden Schenn Brandon (WHL)
2008 NHL Entry 1 2 Drew Doughty Guelph (OHL)
2007 NHL Entry 1 4 Thomas Hickey Seattle (WHL)

Yes, and only one of those guys was a core contributor on their Stanley Cup winning team last year. :laugh:

Besides, we ourselves already have a "5" (Carey Price) and a "3" (Alex Galchenyuk).

And yet everyone is drooling over Galchenyuk and being 1st in East.

You make it sound like it's bad for Habs fans to be pleased over where we are now...

Do you really think that we Habs fans shouldn't be pleased over where we are now?

If we made the playoff last year, we won't have Galchenyuk to drool over and everyone would be complaining instead of drooling coz we *might* not even be 1st in East..

Just because you get a top player through sucking one year doesn't mean a team should aim for that every year. At some point, even an officially rebuilding team should be aiming to turn it around and start winning again. The Habs are definitely at that point with us already having the Gallys, Subban, Patches, Eller, and Price.

Not to mention we already have 4 Top 60 picks in this year's draft anyway.

You guys who only care about the future, and don't care at all about the present, are never satisfied when it comes to future potential, are you?

Danadiens

Apr 20, 2004
So if you still want to tank when you are a first place team, I would like to know from the tank nation when is a good year not to tank?

I just don't get it.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Yes, and only one of those guys was a core contributor on their Stanley Cup winning team last year. :laugh:

Yeah I know :D

Besides, we ourselves already have a "5" (Carey Price) and a "3" (Alex Galchenyuk).

And don't you love them? Me yes, if we made the playoff the years before those drafts, we wouldn't be having Price and Chucky today. The fans back then suffered for us today.

You make it sound like it's bad for Habs fans to be pleased over where we are now...

Do you really think that we Habs fans shouldn't be pleased over where we are now?

That's not what I mean. What I meant was, if we didn't suck and draft low, we wouldn't have the chance to drool today. I'm not saying we shouldn't be drooling. Sorry for confusing.

Just because you get a top player through sucking one year doesn't mean a team should aim for that every year. At some point, even an officially rebuilding team should be aiming to turn it around and start winning again. The Habs are definitely at that point with us already having the Gallys, Subban, Patches, Eller, and Price.

Exactly. Shouldn't do that every year. I did say it's only for THIS year, then after this one, I want the Habs to make playoff for the next 20 years. Why this year?
1. Another top pick same age with Chenyuk so we have possibly two power in our team, like Kane/Toews, Crosby/Malkin, etc.
2. This is a short season.
3. Do it now or never. Instead of spreading the pain, just make it deep pain for once :)

Not to mention we already have 4 Top 60 picks in this year's draft anyway.

That's a bonus!

You guys who only care about the future, and don't care at all about the present, are never satisfied when it comes to future potential, are you?

Without a good PRESENT, there is no bright FUTURE.

My reply in BOLD. I'm not saying tank. I'm just saying I would prefer we somehow draft top 3 vs making the playoff.. THIS year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->