Tickets: Playoff Ticket Exchange Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Can't believe how priced out everything is. Thought I would be able to find a pair around $500 for anywhere.

Tickets to a potentially game 7 behind the bench in MTL is same price as 400's for tonight.

This is by far the highest I've ever seen a round 1 ticket go for. It's the perfect storm. Team coming off a playoffs of no success, raise in playoff prices, team coming off two huge wins with a chance to win the series, 8 PM on a Saturday night which is the perfect time slot to go to a game for most people, a big name opponent, etc. Still though, the prices are nuts. Games like tonight are why rounds 2 and 3 take a hit in resale prices. People blow their money in round 1.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I just saw the prices. My friend went up to Boston a few years ago for a cup final and got a ticket from a tout for roughly what you'd pay to get in to MSG tonight.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
This is by far the highest I've ever seen a round 1 ticket go for. It's the perfect storm. Team coming off a playoffs of no success, raise in playoff prices, team coming off two huge wins with a chance to win the series, 8 PM on a Saturday night which is the perfect time slot to go to a game for most people, a big name opponent, etc. Still though, the prices are nuts. Games like tonight are why rounds 2 and 3 take a hit in resale prices. People blow their money in round 1.

Perfect storm indeed. It's actually a good thing we are the road team for round two...essentially doubles the time before the next home game allowing for interest and bank accounts to renew. Also, 3 home games per round (as opposed to 4) means there is more money available to be spent on the next series.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
There are still pairs available for round 2 from the box office. The number keeps dwindling, but they are there.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I just saw the prices. My friend went up to Boston a few years ago for a cup final and got a ticket from a tout for roughly what you'd pay to get in to MSG tonight.

Ticket prices have sky-rocketed the past 4 years if you are talking about their 2013 appearance. Even more so if you are talking about 2011. Other factors, did he buy close to puck drop? Was it someone outside the arena selling a single? All play into the pricing.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Ticket prices have sky-rocketed the past 4 years if you are talking about their 2013 appearance. Even more so if you are talking about 2011. Other factors, did he buy close to puck drop? Was it someone outside the arena selling a single? All play into the pricing.

Crooked ushers will be making a killing. I remember in 2014 people were paying one or two bills to a guy who would give them a ticket xerox with a small marking on it and told to go to a specific gate & usher. The usher would identify the mark, scan the ticket, and let the person in even if it scanned invalid and they could go watch standing room. I have no idea if it's still going on but at these prices there's got to be people on the take

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Crooked ushers will be making a killing. I remember in 2014 people were paying one or two bills to a guy who would give them a ticket xerox with a small marking on it and told to go to a specific gate & usher. The usher would identify the mark, scan the ticket, and let the person in even if it scanned invalid and they could go watch standing room. I have no idea if it's still going on but at these prices there's got to be people on the take

Something similar (or exact same thing you're taking about) got blown up during the 2015 playoffs. 400's behind the goal were 2 rows deep from what I heard.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
There are still pairs available for round 2 from the box office. The number keeps dwindling, but they are there.

Acted too late. A friend is looking for a pair of tickets to game 4. Please send a message if anyone has 2 available.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007

It is still going on!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ace before the game in 2013. In 2010 he got at the box office day of the game.

TheKing30

Nov 20, 2011
NJ
Question for the people that know the ticket market well - Just in case they make it should I buy conference finals tickets in Washington now? It's under 200 for games 1 & 2, you figure it would go up if the Rangers are in it right?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Question for the people that know the ticket market well - Just in case they make it should I buy conference finals tickets in Washington now? It's under 200 for games 1 & 2, you figure it would go up if the Rangers are in it right?

I'd be looking to go myself but from past experience the ticket market in DC never really gets crazy. You should be able to get tickets from ticketmaster if it gets to that, I guess it depends on stubhub pricing versus box office

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I'll take a stab at this. If anyone is selling any tickets, please let me know via PM. Very interested in Games 3 and 4 (potentially Game 6, if the series deems so).

Mkacz99

Apr 27, 2017
Traveling from the Sunshine State (because its the cup). Anyone who has 1 extra ticket to Tuesday night's game (May 2) please let me know.

LGR!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Looking for 2 for tonight in the $150-$200 per range. StubHub has come down a decent amount so hopefully something's out there. PM me with what you have. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->