Playoff Teams

Which Playoff Teams Are You Rooting For (pick up to 3)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
For selfish reasons I'm hoping Carolina, Minnesota, Boston, and Toronto make the final 4. With the reasoning being that, at least the plan so far is, the Canadian team in the 4 will play their home games in the US city nearest to their opponent. This sets up Minnesota vs Canada and I think Canada would then play out of Chicago. So...I get to go to playoff games for relatively cheap? Assuming the demand for Minnesota vs Toronto in Chicago wouldn't be too high.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I don’t huge favorites, this rooting list is for the 1st round:

1) Florida
I actually don’t mind Tampa so much but I don’t know how anyone can’t be rooting for this franchise, with some real likable players, to get a upset series win against what’s less their in-state rival and more the in-state Gallant while they’ve been Florida’s Goofus. Tampa isn’t firing on all cylinders, and it’s clear at this point Hedman is playing hurt, but they do have some returning forwards people may know about. (Though I feel like Stamkos is going to immediately get injured again.) It’s sucks that Ekblad is out and I don’t know if Bobo has got it in but go Cats!

2) Washington
Sure, boo hiss Tom Wilson. My nephew is a fan of this dumb team which already has softened me to them, but they’re 2nd for one reason. I really hate the Bruins. They are my 3rd least favorite team and honestly they are solid dark horse for the Cup so someone needs to take these assholes out. And having Chara do it in 1st round. *chef’s kiss*

3) Montreal
This is a troll pick. I don’t even dislike the Leafs that much, I could see myself rooting for them later on depending on who’s left, but this series already fraught with Canadian NHL neurosis and Toronto losing as heavy favorites would be hilarious. There’s no reason for the Leafs to lose the Habs, who are a hot mess, but the LOLs would flow like water if they did.

4) Wild
I’ve developed a soft spot this team and I’m proud of myself for forgiving Parise. Sure, it only took almost a decade and he’s just an adult who took a job somewhere else, but hey, irrational feelings fuel pro sports. I assume Vegas is going to smoke Minny though so they get 4th. (Toronto is better candidate for an upset.)

5) Jets
Yeah, I have the avatar for the pick but once the games start my heart will start rooting for the Jets. If I’m not watching games: go Oil (for the pick). The Oilers are the favorites and I don’t see how Jets have much of a chance unless Ehlers comes back (which is possible) and the advantages of having Hellebuyck over trashcans in net can be enough.

6) the Avs
I too had bitterness over 2001 myself. This team is pretty amazing and entertaining though. And it would suck if they lost because Grubauer got weakened COVID so I’m really rooting he doesn’t fall apart. I’m surprised they didn’t throw the Kings game to get the Wild (who they crush at will) but they really wanted that President’s Trophy. And I’ve always disliked the Blues, not even sure why. (They won their Cup they can go away.)

7)... Penguins?
For the pick, no Conference Finals for the Isles allowed.

8) Carolina
This is not an anti-Hynes thing (I’m not a weirdo about him) but the Preds are getting crushed unless Saros is a wall and that’s boring. Nashville isn’t an entertaining team, we don’t need a goaltender taking them to 2nd round.

Last edited:

crashline

What smells like, brother?
Feb 10, 2018
Rooting for Winnipeg mostly because it's 2021 and they have a guy named Neal Pionk.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Rooting for Montreal(or Winnipeg), St.Louis and Nashville all to make it through two rounds and for the Islanders to lose in the first two rounds.

After that I’d be happy with any of BOS, PIT, WAS or WPG winning the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad