Playoff Teams

Which Playoff Teams Are You Rooting For (pick up to 3)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Been a long season, but I still enjoy watching playoff hockey. It's almost easier when the Devils don't make the playoffs, as when they do and get eliminated I find it hard to watch more playoff hockey after that.

Here's how I'd rank my rooting interest this year:

1. Carolina Hurricanes - This is a tough one as I genuinely hated this franchise from past playoff loses along with the fact that they called their fans *shudder* "Caniacs". However, I have family in the Carolina's that are big fans of this team (not to mention some Hurricanes gear that has been passed down to my kids from their cousins) and I really like the way this team has been built. The Storm Surge also grew on me. They were also very generous in gifting us Kuokkanen.
2. Florida Panthers - Another fun team and a fanbase that has certainly earned a good playoff run. Again, some playoff history here with Devils that annoyed me with this fanbase in the past, but that was a long time ago and we came out on top anyway. Can also sympathize with Florida fans that get shit on by other fan bases as we've been through that ourselves with comments on attendance. Those that have stuck with this team deserve some success, though having the 4th highest point total in the league earned them a 1st round matchup with the defending champs. Ooof. Curious to see who starts in goal.
3. Colorado Avalanche - Another franchise I've despised in the past, particularly for beating the best Devils team ever assembled in 2001. Just have to be impressed with how this team was built. If they win another Cup I think I'll go right back to hating them again, but for now they suffered through a long rebuild, hit on their draft picks and made shrewd trades. Can only hope we follow their path.
4. Vegas Golden Knights - Sure, why not. I'm relatively indifferent to them. Not a ton of other good options out there, which may explain my top 3.
5. Edmonton Oilers - Fans can be insufferable at points, but should be fun to watch McDavid go beast mode in the playoffs. At least our draft pick improves a bit with a playoff series win.
6. Winnipeg Jets - If they didn't absolutely collapse down the stretch I may have some more rooting interest here, but I'm thinking they'll get smoked by the Oilers which has some benefit to the Devils.
7. Montreal Canadiens - Cool city, was awesome catching a game there. A Montreal run would also mean that Toronto gets knocked out in round 1 yet again which would be hysterical.
8. Nashville Predators - Another great city & team that has never been able to put it all together. Yeah, Hynes sucked here and it would suck to see yet another former coach make it to the Cup Finals, but whatever.
9. St. Louis Blues - Meh.
10. Minnesota Wild - Yeah, I'm still bitter about Parise going there and still don't want to see him have any playoff success. If the Wild could go on a run with Parise as a healthy scratch, I'm down with that.
11. Tampa Bay Lightning - Yeah, they won last year. Yeah, they kind of cheated the system with the Kucherov LTIR, but somebody's got to go here. Still root for Coleman.
12. New York Islanders - Would prefer they just get eliminated and give us the highest possible pick. Guess I could be happy for Zajac, Palmieri and Greene if they were somehow able to win.
13. Washington Capitals - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
14. (Tie) Pittsburgh, Toronto & Boston - Can't stand any of these teams/fanbases.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Vegas and the Panthers. I’m down in South Florida so might as well root for the local team. Taking a trip to Vegas in June, so it would be fun to be out there if they were still in it.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
1. Tampa Bay - So GMs get mad at LTIR abuse and maybe do something about it.
2. Carolina - Dougie gets his cup and can just chase money (i.e. sign with us). Also they built their team from the draft.
3. Colorado - Also built the team from the draft and very shrewd trades.

Reactions: Alex NJD and HBK27

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
People are rooting for Islanders? I get that is because of Zajac and Palms , but we need them to not make the 3rd round or their pick that we have slides down. Currently it’s at 20th. We can still get a pretty damn good and important piece at 20th . Do not want that moving down any more at all.

I'm actively rooting against them, but I'm not gonna bash someone who wants them to succeed given how many former Devils they have.... well except for Fitz wtf was that quote he gave?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
People are rooting for Islanders? I get that is because of Zajac and Palms , but we need them to not make the 3rd round or their pick that we have slides down. Currently it’s at 20th. We can still get a pretty damn good and important piece at 20th . Do not want that moving down any more at all.

Islanders finished with the 12th best record which seems to put them at pick #21 (11 teams ahead of them would get spots 22-32). Very good overall outcome for us, as the next closest team finished 7 points behind them while there were 7 teams 6 points or less ahead of them.

There are 3 playoff teams with fewer points than the Islanders: Nashville, Winnipeg & St. Louis, so technically that pick could still get as high as #18 if all 3 of these teams were to win their division and the Islanders were to lose in the first two rounds, but good overall chance it remains at #21.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Islanders finished with the 12th best record which seems to put them at pick #21 (11 teams ahead of them would get spots 22-32). Very good overall outcome for us, as the next closest team finished 7 points behind them while there were 7 teams 6 points or less ahead of them.

No Arizona pick, everyone behind them slides up one.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Carolina because they're a ton of fun. Toronto because they're a ton of fun. Those would probably be my top 2. Also rooting for Edmonton to win round 1. It'd be nice to see the Isles win if it weren't for our pick being tied to them so I hope they get bounced in one of the first 2 rounds. I'd be rooting for Hall but he's in Boston and f*** Boston.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
panthers in the east and colorado out west.

f*** carolina- they’re more rivals than the islanders as far as i’m concerned, a lot of tough and disappointing playoff series against them. no love for many other east teams and certainly not rooting for canada.

hopefully a dark horse upset team will make it to the conference finals and bump the isles pick down a spot

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm not rooting for anyone, I'm rooting against teams.

I want the Islanders out first and then Caps to beat Boston and then Pittsburgh.

I want Carolina and Nashville out so don't care who wins there as long as Florida/Tampa Bay knocks either of them out next.

I want Toronto and Colorado out asap and then don't care who wins in those two divisions either.

The amount of Colorado "fans" in here is disgusting. They cost us a true dynasty and that Ray Bourque shit will me make me puke for as long as I live. f*** Colorado.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
panthers in the east and colorado out west.

f*** carolina- they’re more rivals than the islanders as far as i’m concerned, a lot of tough and disappointing playoff series against them. no love for many other east teams and certainly not rooting for canada.

hopefully a dark horse upset team will make it to the conference finals and bump the isles pick down a spot

Jets or Montreal would be the best bet there IMO. The North was the weakest division and I'm not sure Toronto or Edmonton are that good. St Louis beating out Vegas and Colorado, or Nashville beating Carolina and Tampa/Florida would be some of the more incredible runs of the past few years.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
I'm not rooting for anyone, I'm rooting against teams.

I want the Islanders out first and then Caps to beat Boston and then Pittsburgh.

I want Carolina and Nashville out so don't care who wins there as long as Florida/Tampa Bay knocks either of them out next.

I want Toronto and Colorado out asap and then don't care who wins in those two divisions either.

The amount of Colorado "fans" in here is disgusting. They cost us a true dynasty and that Ray Bourque shit will me make me puke for as long as I live. f*** Colorado.

I like the cut of your jib.

Vegas because they have the least amount of players I dislike. Florida just to see TB lose in the first round again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->