Playoff team - who's your pick and why?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'll root for Nashville. They have our Cup-winning coach, they're a Sunbelt team, they have a great atmosphere, and they once were being threatened with relocation to a market that's smack-dab in-between Toronto and Buffalo. Tennessee as a state has never won a major sports title among their 3 teams, and this is their best shot.

I would root for Winnipeg as I like their team and I also like several of their posters on here, but the way some of them treated Atlanta fans (and Florida and Phoenix) in 2011 has never sat well with me. I'd also love to see a "Bettman hates Canada!" this summer after Canada goes 25 years with no Cup, so Toronto must go out in round 1 too.

I also want Washington out by round 2 again.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I'm pulling for the Preds. Southern team, Lavi, great hockey to watch, great atmosphere. I'd be happy with Tampa, would be happy to see Staal win it again with Minnesota, Vegas would be awesome. Then there are the teams I pull for to some degree every year like the Sharks- would love to see Thornton finally get one.

Then there are the teams I'm hoping crash and burn. Winnipeg, obviously, and the Caps. No team that employs Brooks Orpik and Tom Wilson should ever win a cup. The fact that Orpik's name is engraved on the cup for the next 50 years or whatever it is is a f***ing disgrace.

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
I always pick a couple players from each conference who I think deserve a cup...I guess this year I’ll go with Thornton and OV....caps shark final... and I know it will be tough cheering for Washington but you can’t deny OV dosn’t deserve a cup... SURE WISH I COULD CHEER FOR THE f***ING CANES ONE OF THESE f***ING YEARS

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I see you southern boys are too proud to 'Peg, which is going to put us all in awkward position soon enough.

( I didn't mean to do the horrible innuendo the post has, it's probably one of them singularity events)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
i really dont get you guys in america. so much fake and plastic fans. in europe we hate everyone. we would never have a "second team".

Some of us enjoy hockey, as a sport, not just the Canes. So when the Canes inevitably stop playing hockey months before half the league does, we find another team to attach to to continue to be invested in the hockey that's being played.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Some of us enjoy hockey, as a sport, not just the Canes. So when the Canes inevitably stop playing hockey months before half the league does, we find another team to attach to to continue to be invested in the hockey that's being played.

we too, we watch all type of hockey, but we do not "cheer" for any other team only because our team is out. we still hate other teams even thought we watch the games for pure entertainment.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->