Playoff seeding (or why Leafs loss was good, and why we need them to beat us again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Copied from around the NHL

Im looking at the standings and am thrilled. We have a pretty big cushion on 7th, and we have a nice long road trip.

Hopefully we drop a few and the Leafs secure 5th. According to SCS there is a 43% chance we finish 6th, 38% chance of 5th.

Toronto plays:
PHI (W)
NJ (L, fighting for lives)
NYR (L, fighting for lives)
NYR (W, still suck though)
MTL (W hopefully, Leafs get pumped for them)
WAS (W)
NYI (L, fighting for lives)
OTT (W....*vomit*...please...)
TAM (W)
FLA (W)
MTL (L)

That should net them 14 points.

Ottawa plays:
BUF (W)
FLA (W)
TAM (L, revenge of the Bish/road woes)
PHI (L, road woes)
BOS (L)
CAR (W)
WAS (W)
TOR (L)
PIT (L)
WAS (W)
PHI(W)

Getting us 12 points.

It could honestly be the last OTT/TOR game decides who gets to play the Jets, and who gets to play Boston. 6th place? Yes please. Its not like WIN has a huge home advantage either...they are better on the road. Its the absolute ideal opponent. They also have the second worst goal differential in the conference at -22.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Yeah, seems like a little early for this. There's still a quarter of the season to go. ;)

mikey

Jul 26, 2008
This man speaks soothe.

We're in the playoffs, its the safe bet.

If we squeak in at 6th and play a tired team in the 2nd round, I like our chances.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Way too early for this

We suck on the road and are on a long road trip with some teams behind us in the standings starting to heat up

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Washington looks like a SE division winning team right now they will be pretty scary since they have so many weapons offensively but they dont have semin anymore so I dont mind facing them in the 1st round

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
This is the season of gravy. Last year kinda was too.

...and look what we did to the Rangers.

as long as we get in, this season has been an unqualified success and I'll take my chances against anyone we play, esp when we start on the road.

Worst case scenario - out in 4 and the kids learn how to lose.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
This is the season of gravy. Last year kinda was too.

...and look what we did to the Rangers.

as long as we get in, this season has been an unqualified success and I'll take my chances against anyone we play, esp when we start on the road.

Worst case scenario - out in 4 and the kids learn how to lose.

i don't think i like that.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Let's lock up a playoff spot first. This team has so many young players, and that typically leads to inconsistent play.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
The Southeast is such a joke. I haven't been a huge fan of this re-alignment thing but I think its good that will get shaken up because we need to get rid of this 1-2-3 division leader thing.

I think Washington will end up in the #3 seed. At such a key part of the season Winnipeg and Carolina have now put up 6 and 3 points respectively in their last 10 games.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Hope the boys coast their way down to 9th. Avoid any possible confrontation with the 1st seed.

kaws

Apr 10, 2010
TBH, I would be more pleased to have the Leafs miss the playoffs again.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'll never be able to cheer against us in any game, but I do want to stay in the 6th spot/ avoid a Boston matchup as the season goes on.

I also like the way you named this thread :nod:
polls_rocky_and_bullwinkle_4650_595411_answer_6_xlarge.jpeg

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Too early and a loser way of thinking.

Try to win all the remaining games and take em as they come.

Wait...its a loser way of thinking to say "I hope we are seeded 6th" but its not a loser way of thinking to say "we might not even make it, its too early"?

:laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->