Playoff schedule

StatsNightHeroes

Jan 15, 2016
Does anyone else think it’s kind of crazy they haven’t announced the schedule for game 3 yet? If they’re going to schedule it during the day it would be nice to know in advance so I can book the afternoon off. It’s not like game 3 is dependent on how the series are going so I don’t understand why they wouldn’t give people more notice.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I assume everyone will have to take a turn on the afternoon games, I just find it frustrating that they can’t give fans a reasonable amount of notice.

Not necessarily for two reasons:

A. If any series ends after 3, then at least 1 team doesnt need to play the early afternoon game (assuming the team ending at 3 gsmes already played an early afternoon game).

B. If I determined the playoff schedule, I would not put teams that are the big draws in the afternoon no matter what. Money > "Fairness" to the league.

Edit: Or I would at least keep the big draw teams until last so that if anybody sweeped, they wouldnt have to be an early afternoon game.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
3 games in 5. 4 in 6. 5 games in 8 nights.

Interesting to see how Columbus grinds us out with no warm up after a 5 month layoff. Matthews shot isn't their issue. Basic biology is. Their style of play requires a real pre-season with checking and intensity.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I work continental night shift so I actually hate the schedule for the first two games. I miss all of the Sunday game and can maybe watch the 1st period of the 4pm Tuesday game. Games 3-5 I'm good with any time.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Canes and Rangers game 4 is also that day, and since it's a game 4 it wouldn't be played if there's a sweep. Thus it leaves our game up in the air.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
"Ooof boss, just finished my lunch hour and holy crap I got some bad heartburn/diahreah going on, think I need to take off early today, promise I'll make up for it tomorrow"

Me if it's a 4pm start.

Sorry, this COVID shit sucks, and I need to watch these games live and I'll have to get creative. I never call in or take sick days, but might need to start considering that type of thing.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Does anyone else think it’s kind of crazy they haven’t announced the schedule for game 3 yet? If they’re going to schedule it during the day it would be nice to know in advance so I can book the afternoon off. It’s not like game 3 is dependent on how the series are going so I don’t understand why they wouldn’t give people more notice.

It's truly a shame that the NHL didn't consider StatsNightHeroes work schedule when putting this together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->