Playoff (re)Structure-poll

Who would you choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Was thinking about this (for fun obviously )

What if the NHL restructured their playoff format to allow the top 3 teams to select their 1st round matchup from the bottom 5 teams in their conference.

I wanted to travel around and see who each team would select, if the playoffs were today.

1. Tampa Bay
2. Toronto
3. Washington

--
4.Columbus
5.Pittsburgh
6.Boston
7.Buffalo
8. Montreal

With the 1st pick of the East , Who would the lightning want to face in the first round?

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Montreal or Buffalo. Probably the Habs as they have zero gamebreakers and Price is a shell. If CBus trades Panarin that may change my vote.

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
I just wish they would go back to seeding the teams in each division, 1 through 8. 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, and so forth. If one division is stronger than the other, the 2-3 matchup is BS!!!!!!!!

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Montreal has actually looked good this season so I'd rather face Buffalo. Now that's a terrible team. This year's New Jersey.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
On a more serious note games at Montreal are crazy so that would be fun to see. They’re a better team now so we’d see good hockey, the series would have the whole Drouin drama dynamic and yet I’m convinced we’d beat them in 5 games or so.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The only thing I care about is winning the Cup this season. Montreal is the easiest target. Price has not been good and Weber has been broken, they would be counting heavily on Domi to maintain this season and a rookie center. We would absolutely steam roll them.

Buffalo is getting better goaltending and have scarier pieces at center and on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->