Playoff Re-Format?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Given that NFL and CFL are looking at options I am wondering what the thoughts are around the 32team format once Seattle officially joins.
I’d like to see the 1st round within the conference but then rank by league so the best teams have a better chance to succeed.
Not really a fan of giving out byes in this format. Of course the conference set up could also change. If it was 4 groups of 8 it makes sense. Giving 4 byes to No 1 with 2 - 5 playing in would really add another series and extend the season too long. More $$ though. Doubt any owners would cut the 82 game regular season to compensate either.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
No one is gonna agree to playing interconference playoff games before the finals. That could add so much extra travel time for some teams, it could end up hurting good teams who get unlucky on their draw.

I think the current format is good and am fine with the old 1-8 seeding. Don't think it needs to be amended at all but I'm sure Leafs fans will all feel different by the end of April.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Terrible.

Once Seattle is in, lose the wild card and make it the top four teams in each division who play off against each other. No reseeding. Division winners face the other division winner in the same conference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad