Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Out indefinitely with an upper body injury? He hasn't played for 4 months!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Is Dubnyk going to start in net for you guys? Or would Stalock?
4 goalies in camp... Stalock, Dubnyk, Kahkonen, Robson.
3 goalies with a legit chance to start... Stalock, Dubnyk, Kahkonen
2 goalies played well this past season... Stalock, Kahkonen
1 goalie we have faith can be a legit starting goaltender in this league... Kahkonen

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
:laugh: So Kahkonen?

FWIW, I think Minnesota beats Vancouver. They have the veteran depth to surprise some people. Goaltending is the question mark.

I think we're all hoping Kahkonen starts, but if he doesn't seriously outperform both Stalock and Dubnyk in training camp, I don't think he'll get the nod. Both those guys are veterans, and if Kahkonen is playing equal to one of them, the veteran will get the start. They've "paid their dues" as they say.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think we're all hoping Kahkonen starts, but if he doesn't seriously outperform both Stalock and Dubnyk in training camp, I don't think he'll get the nod. Both those guys are veterans, and if Kahkonen is playing equal to one of them, the veteran will get the start. They've "paid their dues" as they say.
Dubnyk's dues are now past due. If he starts, we're done.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have a weird feeling that Dubnyk surprises us, and is solid. Also, can we kidnap the ARI goalie coach?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is how Evason handles the goaltending. But it's the wrong way to go about it. The only thing that Stalock and Dubnyk have "proven" is that they aren't good enough to get it done.

Reactions: BagHead

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Man, I didn't have an opinion on Vancouver fans until now. Lots of trolls out there saying some bad stuff about the Wild.
The 2003 postseason was an absolute trip with the Nuck fans. I credited them for the couple thousand posts I racked up on the old official Wild boards. That was an epic battle.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How so? … I know they didn't get a lot of nice points during and after the 2010 Olympics.
Back then, they had a very good team and knew it... causing them to have a combined group level of arrogance. Today, they're a group that has been beaten down by a poor team for quite some time... only now starting to show promise. Their fans don't all yet believe in it.

Last edited:

Amebushi

Jul 14, 2020
Back then, they had a very good team and knew it... causing them to have a combined group level of arrogance. Today, they're a group that has been beaten down by a poor team for quite some time... only now starting to show promise. Their fans don't all yet believe in it.
Hey everyone...longtime Canuck fan here. I’m not a troll (still expecting at least a little harsh feedback). I just wanted to come see what the other side is saying and must say this thread (and especially this comment) seems pretty accurate. I think this series will be closer than the media (and the more vocal Vancouver fans) think it will be. I feel Van has a slight edge at forward and goal while the Wild enjoy the advantage on defence and physicality. Good luck to everyone, hoping for some great hockey, cold beers and that Covid stays away from the playoffs!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Slight change in start time...

First game is still 9:30, but second game is 9:45, not 3:30.

Of course, could be later if earlier games go to overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad