Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So with "these two" you can confirm that they probably don't go with the big kahk man? Aw nuts.
Hard to say with Evason. If he wants any chance at keeping the job he will play the guy that he thinks gives him the best chance to win. That would absolutely make Kahkonen an option.

Boudreau would undoubtedly start Dubnyk and then flip out and panic when he got lit up.

Should also add that playing Dubnyk at all puts him at risk to being injured and ineligible for a buyout.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I'd bet Guerin could find a trade partner for Dubnyk. His contract isn't big and it's only 1 year. Just put his ass firmly in the press box and lose his number.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'd bet Guerin could find a trade partner for Dubnyk. His contract isn't big and it's only 1 year. Just put his ass firmly in the press box and lose his number.

I'd be shocked if any of the 11 likely playoff teams not on his NTC want a goalie that can't get a .900 save percentage behind one the best defensive teams in the league.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Doobs looks good in the playoffs then I could definitely see him being a tradable commodity, albeit not a really valuable one. If he does play well, though, do we want to trade him, or keep him around to play out the string till we know what we have in KK?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If Doobs looks good in the playoffs then I could definitely see him being a tradable commodity, albeit not a really valuable one. If he does play well, though, do we want to trade him, or keep him around to play out the string till we know what we have in KK?

If Dubnyk is on our roster next year, it will be absolutely terrible. Iowa would be fine, buyout fine, somehow manage to trade him even better.

A passable few games doesn't negate his obvious 3 year decline into a well below average goalie.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
There's really no reason for Dubnyk to see the ice in the playoffs.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Skating a couple of days ago. Slick Zuccarello goal, this is the kind of stuff we want from him in games.
Can't see who the goalie is, but he didn't expect that one :laugh:

The Swedes are not there, as far as I can see, guess they're still in "virus jail"...

Reactions: Guffawstev

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
A guy told me he thinks because of the time off the playoffs will be mellow this year.

I think different.

I think they will be actually the opposite.

Grown men have been cooped up inside. No doubt there's frustrations as home for some.

There's the guys who don't want to play this summer. They are mad.

Put them all on the same ice and then tell them they can't leave the 'zone' aka hotel area for weeks, months.

:thumbu:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Weekend games at 9:30 and weekday games at 5:30 :laugh:
Obviously Minnesota fans were never taken into consideration. Though, considering weekday games for Vancouver at 3:30 isn't very good either, but they at least have 7:30 starts for their fans.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Obviously Minnesota fans were never taken into consideration. Though, considering weekday games for Vancouver at 3:30 isn't very good either, but they at least have 7:30 starts for their fans.

I don't mind, living in Pacific time, and I'm working remotely for the time being, so 3:30 is kind of nice, but I can't imagine it's great for others.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I think the question of whether the players want to play has been put to rest.

Now the question is how many of those 21% are going to drop out, and who are they. 21% less players could impact the integrity that the league is looking for.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Now the question is how many of those 21% are going to drop out, and who are they. 21% less players could impact the integrity that the league is looking for.
One player already has, but I don't think there will be all that many overall.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

I think the question of whether the players want to play has been put to rest.

I think they just understand the reality of the situation. The NHL losing money, means they lose money. If they don't play, the NHL loses more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->