Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yes, but Minnesota is the most notorious place in the world right now … (according to what I see in the news)
It's also calming down here faster than other places. Still have the most resources for both hockey and covid with the Mayo Clinic here.

Reactions: a79krgm

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can't see the NHL wanting to associate itself with MPLS/SPL right now. I don't blame them.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Yes, but Minnesota is the most notorious place in the world right now … (according to what I see in the news)
NHL hasn't even reached out to Walz or anyone in our state Govt. Don't know about Leipold but that doesn't surprise me everything considered.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Hopefully Kap can get in for the series as he could be a huge factor in the overall outcome. I suspect they will roll with Stalock and the gamelan for the series will be playing aggressive and attack the neutral zone to force Van to have to dump in and allowing Stalock to use his skills as a skater and passer to quickly go the other way.

Can't allow Van to ever comfortably skate in the zone with the puck or the skill will take over and bang one in.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
Hopefully Kap can get in for the series as he could be a huge factor in the overall outcome.
… Can't allow Van to ever comfortably skate in the zone with the puck or the skill will take over and bang one in.

The Wild have the players to do just that. Vancouver is so young and not ready for prime time. I believe a goalie like Kap, (or even Kap himself) can actually win it ALL in this odd summer exhibition that would be called the 2020 Stanly Cup playoffs.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The Wild have the players to do just that. Vancouver is so young and not ready for prime time. I believe a goalie like Kap, (or even Kap himself) can actually win it ALL in this odd summer exhibition that would be called the 2020 Stanly Cup playoffs.

Not sure what makes you call it an exhibition. If a team wins 5 series in a row, I'm pretty sure they deserve the cup. I think the Wild have a legit chance at it, if they get legit goaltending. If they don't, Kaprizov won't be enough to save a series. He'll certainly help, though.

Reactions: 2Pair

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Parise (97 games, 74 points) and Zuccarello (73 games, 42 points) have tons of playoff experience. They will be key players.

The Canucks are a bunch of kids with very little playoff experience.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Parise (97 games, 74 points) and Zuccarello (73 games, 42 points) have tons of playoff experience. They will be key players.

The Canucks are a bunch of kids with very little playoff experience.
Same could have been said when we faced the Avs in 2013-14. It's a fact that the Canucks are loaded with some star talent and those type of players usually show up no matter what the situation is.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
It's a shame that the hockey world didn't get to see the Wild complete the season as they were finishing strong and most likely would have got that playoff spot. The Wild were not the same team in March as they were in November, but few outside of Minnesota paid attention.

According to an anonymous coach polled from the Athletic the Canucks will win the series because …

"The Wild, to me, are slow and old and they’re almost lucky to be there. "

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It's a shame that the hockey world didn't get to see the Wild complete the season as they were finishing strong and most likely would have got that playoff spot. The Wild were not the same team in March as they were in November, but few outside of Minnesota paid attention.

According to an anonymous coach polled from the Athletic the Canucks will win the series because …

"The Wild, to me, are slow and old and they’re almost lucky to be there. "
I enjoy them down talking the wild. maybe it gets in some of their heads and they play out of their minds

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Reporters basically said the Wild don't stand a chance this season, obviously they were all wrong...

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
This is the post @a79krgm is referencing:

No. 7 Vancouver Canucks vs. No. 10 Minnesota Wild
Another series in which all three panelists agreed in picking the winner and also agreed in not feeling great about it. “It’s a tough one. I’ll probably go with the Canucks,” said the executive. “Just because of the youth, the speed and the excitement.” “Canucks but that’s just a gut feeling,” said the coach. “Those are even teams for me. I like the goalie better in Vancouver. I think the young guys in Vancouver are just about superstars. The Wild, to me, are slow and old and they’re almost lucky to be there. They’re like the Montreal of the West.”
Coach’s pick: Canucks
Executive’s pick: Canucks
Scout’s pick: Canucks

It has to be a Eastern Conference coach. No Western conference coach makes the Montreal comparison.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
VAN got one whole point more than MN, and MN was clearly trending upward after an awful start to the season. Just like MTL....hmmm...

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix

Another series in which all three panelists agreed in picking the winner and also agreed in not feeling great about it. “It’s a tough one. I’ll probably go with the Canucks,” said the executive. “Just because of the youth, the speed and the excitement.” “Canucks but that’s just a gut feeling,” said the coach. “Those are even teams for me. I like the goalie better in Vancouver. I think the young guys in Vancouver are just about superstars. The Wild, to me, are slow and old and they’re almost lucky to be there. They’re like the Montreal of the West.”

It has to be a Eastern Conference coach. No Western conference coach makes the Montreal comparison.
So the Canucks have the youth who are superstars, speed, excitement and the better goalie and the Wild are slow and old. What are they not feeling great about? Sounds to me like they've made up their minds on who they think wins this series. Like others pointed out, the Wild were the better team just prior to the pandemic, but as usual, this expert panel forgot about that.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

And if anything, Montreal is the Wild of the East. Montreal of the West, you gotta be kidding!

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
At least we got a time frame here, sounds like training camp will start July 10th and last for a couple of weeks. Then some pre-games, and the series will start around August 1st.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So no Kaprizov :(

But I'm still looking forward to this tilt with the Canucks. There's going to be a training camp, and I understand some players from Iowa have been invited. Any good centers there? Will be interesting to see who will make the lineup and how the lines will look like.

And no Dubnyk please.

Btw...take a look at this: Wild training camp preview

I don't think Kunin works well as a center. Put him on the left side if he works there, and Galchenyuk in the middle.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So no Kaprizov :(

But I'm still looking forward to this tilt with the Canucks. There's going to be a training camp, and I understand some players from Iowa have been invited. Any good centers there? Will be interesting to see who will make the lineup and how the lines will look like.

And no Dubnyk please.

Btw...take a look at this: Wild training camp preview

I don't think Kunin works well as a center. Put him on the left side if he works there, and Galchenyuk in the middle.

Nope.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Who do you guys think will be in net?

I would think that's going to be a game day decision based on camp. And it'll probably be a relatively fluid situation depending on how each game goes. They were riding Stalock for a while there, but they'll go with whichever one they think has a better chance to win that night, and no one can really predict that with these two guys.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I would think that's going to be a game day decision based on camp. And it'll probably be a relatively fluid situation depending on how each game goes. They were riding Stalock for a while there, but they'll go with whichever one they think has a better chance to win that night, and no one can really predict that with these two guys.

So with "these two" you can confirm that they probably don't go with the big kahk man? Aw nuts.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So with "these two" you can confirm that they probably don't go with the big kahk man? Aw nuts.

I wouldn't expect it unless things get really desperate. But with how short the series is, he probably won't see playing time unless one or both get injured.

Reactions: EXTRAS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad