Playoff Performance Review

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
If Hayes walks I will be saddened. If (this is a big IF I know) he is used properly, at 2C minutes at minimum, he would help this team. Folks critique his speed, but he is hard on the puck and is absolutely deadly in tight to the goalie.

Others still complain that we lost Stastny (including myself).

Make space for this Hayes character, Chevy. :nod:

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Scheif - C
Wheeler - C
Connor - B+
Laine - B+
Little - C
CLT - A. They did everything they could for their role
perrault -D. Him and Ehlers were the most disappointing forwards, imo. Perreault also took way too many penalties
Ehlers - D. Accomplished nothing
Roslo - C. Didn't accomplish much but gets the benefit of the doubt due to experience
Hayes - C. He's good but a meh from me. Wouldn't pay him more than 6

Trouba- C. He has no offensive game
Morrissey- C. Shell of his regular self, probably due to rust
Buff- D. Really disappointed that Bad Buff showed up
Myers - B (can't believe I'm saying that)
Kulikov - C. He is what he is
Chiarot - C

Hellebuyck - A. Hung out to dry all series and kept us alive

No real stand outs this year. Connor and Laine look like they're growing into big game players though, which is positive

Last edited:
Reactions: Grantham

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I disagree with this. I think this season him sticking with them to together was him giving them a "show me what you got" type thing after some expression by those two to keep them together. I thought for sure after Wheeler was signed to that big deal Maurice would be more likely to separate him from 55 without risking affecting the room by taking the captain off the top line in a contract year but it didn't happen because I think he wanted to give them a chance to show their metal. I would think this regular season and playoffs will give him more leeway to separate them next season.
this is pretty horrible logic and makes little sense

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
“Forwards summary: The Jets really have a couple of needs - another big, fast winger that can play a heavy game”

I think we had exactly one of those guys with Lemieux.
Maybe he didn’t have high end talent but one of those guys on each line would be nice.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Lack of scoring from the second line was the difference. 2 points at 5v5 combined for ehlers, little, and Laine is unacceptable. I have equal blame for the players not performing and the coach for continuing to play them together.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
There will be alot of conflating the collapse in the second half of the season to this series, but to be perfectly honest, the Jets were very good for 5 games except for 30 seconds at the end of game 5.

Losing to the Blues, to me, isn't an upset. that's a very good team there. The bigger upset is the way the regular season went.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
“Forwards summary: The Jets really have a couple of needs - another big, fast winger that can play a heavy game”

I think we had exactly one of those guys with Lemieux.
Maybe he didn’t have high end talent but one of those guys on each line would be nice.
How many greasy goals did Lemieux score before the trade?
I bet he would have been the leading scores in this series.
The Caps showed the Jets how to score on MAF last year ... I guess Maurice did not see it. Maurice needs to watch the next Blues series to see how you get a goalie off his game and score on him.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
TLC and Helle are the only ones that deserve any thing above a B. F's for the top 6, F for Maurice, F for the D group. the give-a-shit level for this team was absolutely embarrassing in game 6. it's a travesty people nationwide had to watch that. game 5 and game 6 were just so god damn brutal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad