Playoff nostalgia thread

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What are your top playoff memories? Be it individual single game performances, overall or even team performance?

For me, off the top of my head:

1. Karlsson 2017
2. Alfredsson 2007
3. Pageau 4 goals against NYR 2017
4. Sens nearly shutting out the Flyers allowing 2 goals (1 OT goal in game 1 and 1 goal in game 5) against the entire 5 game series 2002.
5. Alfreddson hatrick against the Devil 1998

I know I'm missing lots, these ones just jump to mind for me, and tbh there's probably some recency bias not having that series against the flyers ahead of Pageau's 4 goal game.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brawl in Montreal

Big-Country tunning up Brian Boyle

Chris Neil tuning up Tanner Glass

Chris Neil hit on Drury

Ray Emery playoff run to the Cup finals

Varada blowing Sundins knee out

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
For me it was the night of the 3 bridges. I took a bus from downtown to the game and there were habs fans on the bus. We sang pageau pageau pageau all the way back downtown on that bus.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Pageau slaughters mtl

Turris OT winner vs NYR #1

2007/2017 Stanley Cup playoffs

Alfredsson shorty against pittsburgh

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brawl in Montreal- best memories ever

Gryba hit on Eller that set it all up

knockout.gif

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Kravchuk empty netter vs Devils

Phillips OT goal vs Devils to force game 7

Hossa vs I believe it was Philly, skating around the offensive zone like 2 consecutive times before he ended up scoring. What an effort.

The brawl and series win vs Montreal and the Pageau hat trick.

4 goal game by Pageau

Karlsson's excellence.

Alfie's excellence.

Alfie goal vs Buffalo in OT to put us in the finals. Also his OT goal vs Buffalo way back when with Steve Shields in net.

The run in 07

The run 2 years ago.

Man. A lot of good memories. Hopefully a new owner is coming and we can start expecting more new memories to come with a Stanley Cup to boot!

Reactions: JD1

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Varada blowing Sundins knee out

I really don't remember this for some odd reason. Can't even find footage of it.

Another memory I have that nobody ever talks about and I can't find footage of. Was when Ottawa was playing the Islanders in the first playoff game in 2003, and Yashin got destroyed like 5 times in the first period, One by Volchenkov hard. I was so pumped to watch that, but again could never find the footage of it unfortunately.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
God I loved that game and everything around it.
- Maclean trolling Therrien the game before - player 61.
- Pageau's hat trick and then the crowd co opting the olé
- The brawl
- The captain crying in his arms.
- I was out for dinner with my Hab-loving in laws. God that was awesome.

After that:
The first series win. I was out at Houlihan's that night and they played Song 2 after the clincher.
The OT clincher over Buffalo in the ECF. I was at my cottage and dug out an old black and white TV to watch it over the air.
The anticipation of the 2003 playoffs.
The Alfie hat trick (I was there!)
The first playoff appearance clinching goal
Watching the Hamburger run. I took a trip to Disney World with the family that March Break. The excitement just kept building.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
The brawl in Montreal will forever be a classic.

The Sens were definitely a fully loaded Turkey Sandwich in that series.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
That 6-1 win (Pageau Hat trick & Line Brawl) against Montreal is hard to beat. We demolished them in every sense.
Karlsson in 2017 was insane.
Alfredsson in 2007 is historic.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Van Allen’s OT goal in game 1 vs New Jersey I remember jumping up pretty hard and the entire city was roaring and jumping up and down.

The momentum and feel of going up in that series and the sense Ottawa was going to finally overcome their playoff demons was a high water Sens fan moment - city was flying high that night

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
matt carkner triple ot goal is somewhere in the top 10 for me, worth mentioning because i haven't seen it mentioned.

unfortunately my playoff nostalgia is only limited to post-2007 lol

Reactions: robsenz and DrEasy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Since we are throwing in memories, I loved that double OT winner from Joe Corvo against Buffalo.

Sweet Escape with Gwen Stefani was playing right before the face off and I think about the goal every time I hear it.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Other than all that has already been mentioned: Even though we got rekt and it was the last game of a heartbreaking series, Alfie’s performance in Game 5 of the Finals in 07 was so good. He just didn’t wanna accept defeat whereas most of the team already had. That shorty where he stripped Getzlaf and roofed it was beautiful and an embodiment of what Alfie was as a player imo.

Reactions: IamJust0ne

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Other than all that has already been mentioned: Even though we got rekt and it was the last game of a heartbreaking series, Alfie’s performance in Game 5 of the Finals in 07 was so good. He just didn’t wanna accept defeat whereas most of the team already had. That shorty where he stripped Getzlaf and roofed it was beautiful and an embodiment of what Alfie was as a player imo.

That's my all time favorite Alfie goal. Even moreso that the OT winner against Buffalo.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
My top 3:
#1 - My earliest memory as a Sens fan. I vividly remember jumping on the couch as a kid.

#2 - Was at the game live. Absolutely wild.

#3 - Finally felt like we were putting all the playoff torment of our early days away.

#4 - Pageau 4 goal game
#5 - Habs brawl game in 2013

The 2017 run is weird. It feels like it was a dream. It came out of nowhere, and now everybody from that run is gone.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad