Playoff Lines

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Hepo doesn't have the size to play physical obviously but he does what he can and isn't afraid of contact. I don't know if you can say the same about Gusev.
True, but also speaking from past experience, Hepo's weakest performances have always been in the playoffs. He won't be on Game 1 roster, but if he does get playing time later in the series, hopefully he can reverse that trend.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
True, but also speaking from past experience, Hepo's weakest performances have always been in the playoffs. He won't be on Game 1 roster, but if he does get playing time later in the series, hopefully he can reverse that trend.

Yeah Hepo is still learning the game like Deni, it's good experience for them and even if they don't get a game in the Tampa series they'll learn what it takes. Gusev on the other hand is what he is at this point although he did look good on the fourth line.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Hepo doesn't have the size to play physical obviously but he does what he can and isn't afraid of contact. I don't know if you can say the same about Gusev.
Guy is always in the right spot, he is going into the physical battles and actually uses his small body very well - this cannot be said about Gusev who might have more offensive skill, but needs too much space to make it count

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Guy is always in the right spot, he is going into the physical battles and actually uses his small body very well - this cannot be said about Gusev who might have more offensive skill, but needs too much space to make it count

Yeah Gusev is a pretty traditional perimeter winger. It's a shame because he has a ton of skill and could be a top player in this league but perimeter play + lack of speed is a really bad combination in today's league.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Yeah Gusev is a pretty traditional perimeter winger. It's a shame because he has a ton of skill and could be a top player in this league but perimeter play + lack of speed is a really bad combination in today's league.
Might be good enough in some regular season games, but I don't see him succeeding in the POs at all.

But we could do a Yandle with him and just let him play on the PP... means we would have to carry an extra forward and only have 5 Dmen. Who could be the odd Dman out I wonder... the solution to all our problems :sarcasm:

Reactions: FormerPantherFan

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
i think marchment has secured a spot in game one.

hepo didn't look bad but for the first couple of games (barring injuries), i'd say the only unknowns are lomberg vs gusev.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
i think marchment has secured a spot in game one.

hepo didn't look bad but for the first couple of games (barring injuries), i'd say the only unknowns are lomberg vs gusev.

Mush should be in the lineup for the game 1 but if he doesn't throw hits or otherwise be physical then I'd switch him with Hepo or Deni.

Gusev doesn't do much out there, he's more of a hazard than a benefit.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Would rather dress 7D than play someone like Gusev.

The ability to sit Yandle for the third is going to be quite valuable.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Mush should be in the lineup for the game 1 but if he doesn't throw hits or otherwise be physical then I'd switch him with Hepo or Deni.

Gusev doesn't do much out there, he's more of a hazard than a benefit.

agree re: mush.

let's see what gusev can do in the playoffs if given a chance.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Nobody had heard about Kiviranta either until he got them to the finals last year, you know that sticky as Hepo guy on the Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad