Playoff Lines

Dnigly13

Jun 21, 2017
Want to see what everyone’s thoughts on what Coach Q should do in the playoffs (excluding goalie which we already beat like a dead horse)

Here is mine
Deni-barkov-duke
Hubby-Bennett-OT
Verheghe-Weinberg-vatrano
Marchment-Accairi-hornquest

(guys that could rotate in goose, hepo, lomberg, lammikko)

Forsling-weegar
Nuti-Montour
?-gudas

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Hags-Barkov-Duke
Huby-Benz-OT
Gus-Wenny-Tank
March-Cookie-Horns

(rotate in as needed grigs, hippo, ryno, lams, lustar)

Orrsling-Weegs
Nuti-Monty
Sonk-Radical (could see this pair playing sub 10 minutes a game)

(Kiersted, Jewels and Eks on standby ;-) )

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Verhaeghe Barkov Duclair
Huberdeau Bennett Tippett
Vatrano Wennberg Denisenko
Marchment Acciari Hornqvist

Forsling Weegs
Nuts Tour
Stralman Gudas

Caveat. I need to see how a rested Stralman looks this weekend.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Verhaeghe-Barkov-Duclair
Huberdeau-Bennett-Tippett
Vatrano-Wennberg-Hornqvist
Lomberg-Acciari-Gusev

Horn and gusev are interchangeable. So is Lomberg and marchment. That Lomberg-Acciari-Gusev line has looked nice and Lomberg has been playing surprisingly well the last couple games plus it’s good to have his type of play style in the playoffs if he can hack it.

Forsling-Weegar
Montour-Gudas
Nutivaara-Stralman

realistically Yandle will play, most likely over Stralman. I’d like getting Gudas out there more often for playoff hockey, montour brings the speed and skill to the line. Nuti and Stralman can hold down the fort on the bottom pairing. But we know Yandle is playing unfortunately

All of this is under the assumption that everyone will be rested and good to go by then

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerPantherFan

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Verhaeghe Barkov Duclair
Huberdeau Bennett Tippett
Vatrano Wennberg Denisenko
Marchment Acciari Hornqvist

Forsling Weegs
Nuts Tour
Stralman Gudas

Caveat. I need to see how a rested Stralman looks this weekend.
Switch Gusev for Marchment and there you have it for the forwards.

Sadly I think we’re stuck with the POS sonkman.

Gusev has stepped up playing on the 4th line. A week ago I would have said Marchment but not anymore. Watching him last night showed how he, like others, is a product of playing with Barkov.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Verhaeghe-Barkov-Duclair
Lomberg-Acciari-Gusev

Horn and gusev are interchangeable. So is Lomberg and marchment. That Lomberg-Acciari-Gusev line has looked nice and Lomberg has been playing surprisingly well the last couple games plus it’s good to have his type of play style in the playoffs if he can hack it.

Forsling-Weegar
Montour-Gudas
Nutivaara-Stralman

realistically Yandle will play, most likely over Stralman. I’d like getting Gudas out there more often for playoff hockey, montour brings the speed and skill to the line. Nuti and Stralman can hold down the fort on the bottom pairing. But we know Yandle is playing unfortunately

All of this is under the assumption that everyone will be rested and good to go by then
When you watch Lomberg you see how out of place he is in the NHL. As the game goes on the hustle and aggressive play goes nowhere with him. You can’t play him in the playoffs.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Verhaeghe-Barkov-Duclair
Huberdeau-Bennett-Tippett (Deni)
Vatrano-Wennberg-Hornqvist (Hepo)
Lomberg-Acciari-Marchment (Gusev)

Don't mess with chemistry and keep hot players playing. All four lines showed it lately - most noticable the 4th line all of a sudden. With March I believe they could be even more trouble for other teams even though Gusev scored in the last two games. I prefer having March in the lineup who can move up if necessary and withstand the more physical game of the POs. Gusev is not going to look good in the POs.

Forsling-Weegar
Nutivaara-Montour
Stralman (Yandle)-Gudas -> I know we are all dreaming

Same thing, don't change up just before the POs.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
When you watch Lomberg you see how out of place he is in the NHL. As the game goes on the hustle and aggressive play goes nowhere with him. You can’t play him in the playoffs.
And that’s completely fine, I think they play marchment over him anyways. Just saying if he isn’t a detriment, it would be nice having his brand in the playoffs. March luckily does play with a little bit of an edge anyways

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Switch Gusev for Marchment and there you have it for the forwards.

Sadly I think we’re stuck with the POS sonkman.

Gusev has stepped up playing on the 4th line. A week ago I would have said Marchment but not anymore. Watching him last night showed how he, like others, is a product of playing with Barkov.

In fairness to Marchment, he missed time and was slotted at center. He is not a center lol

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
Want to see what everyone’s thoughts on what Coach Q should do in the playoffs (excluding goalie which we already beat like a dead horse)

Here is mine
Deni-barkov-duke
Hubby-Bennett-OT
Verheghe-Weinberg-vatrano
Marchment-Accairi-hornquest

(guys that could rotate in goose, hepo, lomberg, lammikko)

Forsling-weegar
Nuti-Montour
?-gudas

… First line… who will run for the puck? Denisenko just throws and stands ... Barkу??

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
… First line… who will run for the puck? Denisenko just throws and stands ... Barkу??

We-Ba-Du
Hu-Be-Ti
Va-Ve-Ho(speed/check/defense) it is possible to play against the first / second line of the opponent
Lo-Acc-Ma(speed/check/defense/РК) force aggression / fights?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Verh-Barkov-Duclair
Huby-Bennett-OT
Vatrano-Wenn-Hornqvist
Acciari-Marchment

Forsling-Weegar
Nuti-Montour
Connauton-Gudas (Could be Carlsson, could be Gildon :naughty: )
Yandle

Like it or not, Yandle will play. Connauton is our 7th best dman. Kiersted has the upside and the possibility of developing into something more, but it's not really the time to get cute, just get the best dman on the ice and that's Connauton.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Denisenko won't start but should get in for at least a game. gotta give the kid the experience. doubt he sticks unless he really produces, though.

can we give Tippett a congrats? he's assumed to be a starter in the top 6 and nobody's talking about it. how many people would have expected that at the start of the season? that's an important development, imo.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Denisenko in for Verhaeghe on the top line...why? That's not a good idea. He got his cup of coffee and now can watch from the press box.

To me, the forward lines are set and don't need to be tinkered with too much unless the offense goes ice cold:

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Duclair
Marchment-Acciari-Gusev

On D, we'll probably go with what we've been seeing lately:

Forsling-Weegar
Nutivaara-Montour
Yandle-Gudas

Dnigly13

Jun 21, 2017
Only reason why I keep deni on the top line is to speed the scoring some. 3 stud lines and a grinder line.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I’d say the defense is by committee been good when it’s good, but when it’s bad often you’re noticing out one or more of Weegar, Yandle, Gudas, Nuti, or Montour. I don’t really notice Forsling (don’t really notice Nuti either tbh but that’s because he plays the least), which isn’t to say he’s better than the rest, just less brain farts.
That isn’t to say the rest of them are worse because of the brain farts, just more irritating.

Reactions: Mase

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
wow everyone have forsling in first pairing, he really been that good?
He's by far our 3rd best defenseman with Ekblad healthy and since the Ekblad injury 6 weeks ago has been on the first pair with Weegar. Has not looked out of place with 20+ minutes a night. He'll be a staple on the second pair for years to come.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
I’d say the defense is by committee been good when it’s good, but when it’s bad often you’re noticing out one or more of Weegar, Yandle, Gudas, Nuti, or Montour. I don’t really notice Forsling (don’t really notice Nuti either tbh but that’s because he plays the least), which isn’t to say he’s better than the rest, just less brain farts.
That isn’t to say the rest of them are worse because of the brain farts, just more irritating.

He really has been so smooth, decisive, and confident with the puck. I heard someone else on this board say...and I apologize for not remembering who, and giving them the proper credit for the statement...that Forsling is what Matheson was SUPPOSED to be, and I couldn't agree more.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
He's by far our 3rd best defenseman with Ekblad healthy and since the Ekblad injury 6 weeks ago has been on the first pair with Weegar. Has not looked out of place with 20+ minutes a night. He'll be a staple on the second pair for years to come.

it's remarkable...

it's almost like, if you've got a keen eye and a good infrastructure, that you can thrive (in terms of wins and budget) solely by plucking (or claiming from the waiver wire in this case!) those underperforming players mired in unproductive situations.

Reactions: Mase

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Horny needs to be in if he is healthy.

We just got a taste of what the PO series against Tampa will be like. If he can withstand the intensity and physical toll with his age, he is exactly the type of player who thrives in the POs. He actually goes in front of the net, can score, be a pest and has experience. Perfect recipe for the PO performer we need against TBL.

Gusev is too slow and not physical enough to compete against TB. I see Hepo over him.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Horny needs to be in if he is healthy.

We just got a taste of what the PO series against Tampa will be like. If he can withstand the intensity and physical toll with his age, he is exactly the type of player who thrives in the POs. He actually goes in front of the net, can score, be a pest and has experience. Perfect recipe for the PO performer we need against TBL.

Gusev is too slow and not physical enough to compete against TB. I see Hepo over him.
LOL/yikes. I mean I like Hepo, but if a guy is "not physical enough" and then his proposed replacement is 12 year old Heponiemi, then guy n.1 has a problem.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
LOL/yikes. I mean I like Hepo, but if a guy is "not physical enough" and then his proposed replacement is 12 year old Heponiemi, then guy n.1 has a problem.

Hepo doesn't have the size to play physical obviously but he does what he can and isn't afraid of contact. I don't know if you can say the same about Gusev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->