Cleveland Browns (2003)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2007)

MLB:
Seattle Mariners (2001)
Florida Marlins (2003)
San Diego Padres (2006)
Chicago White Sox (2008)

NHL:
All franchises made at least one playoff appearance this decade, well done NHL! :handclap:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So which of these franchises breaks their decade-plus long drought first? And when?

I'm going to pick the Sacramento Kings to break their drought this Spring, they seem to be the best bet. As of right now they are two games back of the last playoff spot.

AngloHab

Jan 17, 2013
I'm going to pick the Sacramento Kings to break their drought this Spring, they seem to be the best bet. As of right now they are two games back of the last playoff spot.

Are the Kings actually good this year or has the western conference just got a lot worse?

I have not watched any NBA this year but I see the 8th seed (Blazers) are 5 games under .500 - can't remember many times that a playoff spot in the west was owned by a team with a losing record.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Are the Kings actually good this year or has the western conference just got a lot worse?

I have not watched any NBA this year but I see the 8th seed (Blazers) are 5 games under .500 - can't remember many times that a playoff spot in the west was owned by a team with a losing record.

They were expected to be playoff contenders this season and with the Warriors falling off a cliff, this would have been a great opportunity to take their spot (no, not the #1 seed but rather their spot in the top 8). They've got a lot of good young talent and were making significant progress last season, something they haven't had since the Mike Bibby days.

When I posted this, they were still in reasonable contention but they've lost 7 in a row and have lost to bad teams, so their season may be done unless they pull off a 10-game winning streak or something. Unfortunately among other things, the Luke Walton hire looks like a disaster thus far.

AngloHab

Jan 17, 2013
They were expected to be playoff contenders this season and with the Warriors falling off a cliff, this would have been a great opportunity to take their spot (no, not the #1 seed but rather their spot in the top 8). They've got a lot of good young talent and were making significant progress last season, something they haven't had since the Mike Bibby days.

When I posted this, they were still in reasonable contention but they've lost 7 in a row and have lost to bad teams, so their season may be done unless they pull off a 10-game winning streak or something. Unfortunately among other things, the Luke Walton hire looks like a disaster thus far.

Thanks.

Yeah, never understood why they fired Joerger. Then you see that the guy that fired him was the same guy who drafted Bagley over Doncic and it makes sense.

And thats not to say that I thought that Doncic would be the player that he is its just that Bagley is one of those dime a dozen identikit American players (I watched a lot of his season at Duke and was underwhelmed) whereas Doncic had much, much more upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->