Playoff Injury Thread

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I'm always interested to know what injuries players were trying to play through during the playoffs.

• Brian Dumoulin said today he was playing with a torn PCL.
  • Jared McCann was playing with a separated shoulder.

Last edited:

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
EK 65is playing on a bad leg/hip. Can tell by the way he skates. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they announce it once they get eliminated.

Last edited:

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Kucherov was playing with a broken brain.
Stamkos was playing with a broken stick.
The Penguins team played with broken defensemen,
The Islanders will play the rest of the postseason in a broken arena when they are home.

Reactions: Prince Pasta

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Boychuk out 3-4 weeks.

Big loss for the Isles...time for Hickey to step up.

The Isles aren’t beating Washington Boychuk or not and they shouldn’t lose to Carolina Boychuk or not. My hope is in series nobody else goes down long term

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
The Isles aren’t beating Washington Boychuk or not and they shouldn’t lose to Carolina Boychuk or not. My hope is in series nobody else goes down long term

That's your opinion.

The Canes scare me more than the Caps do right now. I think Isles can beat both of them. I definitely think they can beat the Caps.

Boston is the team that scares me.

Also Boychuk has been our most solid defenseman all year. To say it doesn't matter means you haven't watch Isles games.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That's your opinion.

The Canes scare me more than the Caps do right now. I think Isles can beat both of them. I definitely think they can beat the Caps.

Boston is the team that scares me.

Also Boychuk has been our most solid defenseman all year. To say it doesn't matter means you haven't watch Isles games.

Boston will beat anyone in that other division in all likelihood. They haven’t looked spectacular so far but sometimes the really good teams don’t in round 1. Probably have a better idea of how dangerous Boston is if they advance and see how they look vs Columbus

Reactions: PuckItUp27

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Boychuk will be back by game 3 or 4(about 2 weeks of rest). No way he misses the whole second round.

You have to assume Boychuk broke a bone based on how he got hurt. It’s really tough to play til a break is totally healed. The last thing you want to do is go out there and then you re break it or worse and miss part of next season as well

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
You have to assume Boychuk broke a bone based on how he got hurt. It’s really tough to play til a break is totally healed. The last thing you want to do is go out there and then you re break it or worse and miss part of next season as well

If he broke a bone in his leg I would think it's more 6-8. Maybe it's a bone bruise that you can play through.

I'm fine with him messing part of next season if he helps the Isles now. This isn't the regular season we are in.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If he broke a bone in his leg I would think it's more 6-8. Maybe it's a bone bruise that you can play through.

I'm fine with him messing part of next season if he helps the Isles now. This isn't the regular season we are in.

The part of the leg he was hit in was higher up so probably a hairline fracture considering it was off a shot. Those are usually 3 weeks sometimes 4.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Anytime before February 13, 2013, the day of Matt Cooke.
Unfortunately that's not the only NHL star that can be said of.

Matt Cooke was, and still rates as, one of the biggest POS to ever play the game.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Unfortunately that's not the only NHL star that can be said of.

Matt Cooke was, and still rates as, one of the biggest POS to ever play the game.

I feel like people compare players to matt cook so much that they've forgotten what a true POS he really was.

Vinny :(

Reactions: winnipegger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->