Playoff Games Schedule

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
No change to having games simmed everyday, but the times may not be consistent starting tomorrow and through the weekend. Here's a basic schedule of what time games will be simmed, so everyone has a good idea of when to have their lineups in by.

Friday: No Games
Day 5 - Saturday: afternoon games (not sure exactly what time)
Day 6 - Sunday: afternoon games (again, not sure what time)

*All times EDT

Just as a reminder, I'm simming one rest day per game day. There may be a day off between Round 1 and 2. I'll make an accouncement on that when it's more clear on what day the first round will wrap up.

Edit - 5/5/06 - Schedule Adjusted

Last edited:

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
rosters updated?

Hey - noticed on my playoff roster that Danny Markov's condition was back to 100, but when I downloaded the PLF files, his condition was still 95 DD and I couldn't put him in my lineup. I know he's had some rest so wondering if the PLF files got updated. If you could double check would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kruegs
GM Bruins

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Vaive-Alive said:
Hey - noticed on my playoff roster that Danny Markov's condition was back to 100, but when I downloaded the PLF files, his condition was still 95 DD and I couldn't put him in my lineup. I know he's had some rest so wondering if the PLF files got updated. If you could double check would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kruegs
GM Bruins

Since the PLF files were updated, Markov sprained his wrist hoisting yet another tankard at local watering hole, "The Rusty Bean". Something to do with trying to keep up with his GM's consumption...

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Vaive-Alive said:

Many thanks,

Kruegs
GM Bruins

Interesting... I zipped the files and uploaded them.. it's possible they were yesterday's files. At any rate, I'll check them and re-upload when I get home (around 5 ET). You may want to upload a text file with your lines in the meantime just to be safe.

HFNHL Red Wings

The answer probably is that it's an old version of the files but possibly not. I did encounter a case earlier this season where a player showed as recovered on the transactions page (might have been for Minnesota) but the sim still had him as 94 condition.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
The league files have been uploaded again. I created a brand new zip file (same name) this time instead of trying to upload the files to the same archive.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Hey Sean,

Not trying to be a pain :) I don't know if this is an issue on my end or yours - but from the link on the playoff page for GM files, the files I am still getting are from 10:28, 10:29, and 10:30pm on May 2nd. Same is true for the regular home page. Could be my cache has gone bananas however I did refresh and still the same. Anyway, I've texted in my lines for tonight.

Thanks,

Rob

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Sergei Zubov to the farm

Oh well guess I got in too late to add my files...but just noticed that Zubov is on my farm....might have cost me a game...might not...no biggy...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Dryden said:
Oh well guess I got in too late to add my files...but just noticed that Zubov is on my farm....might have cost me a game...might not...no biggy...

That sucks, Dry - hopefully he'll be back in. I don't want you having any excuses! ;)

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Vaive-Alive said:
Hey Sean,

Not trying to be a pain :) I don't know if this is an issue on my end or yours - but from the link on the playoff page for GM files, the files I am still getting are from 10:28, 10:29, and 10:30pm on May 2nd. Same is true for the regular home page. Could be my cache has gone bananas however I did refresh and still the same. Anyway, I've texted in my lines for tonight.

Thanks,

Rob

Not sure what the problem was, Kruegs. I was able to manually enter your lines from the text file you created. I tested the latest league files by downloading them from the site and loading them into my GM editor and everything now seems to be up to date.

Last edited:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Dryden said:

Might be a good idea to upload some lines... the latest lines file I could find from the Hawks dates back to January and it gave me an error when I tried to load them into the sim (probably resulting with the Zubov issue) :eek:

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
GM Files still May 2nd

Hey Sean,

The GM Files coming off the link on the site are still from May 2nd. I got Nick to confirm it wasn't just me going insane - he confirmed the May 2nd files, but also stated that I was going insane, to which I replied he was crazy to even suggest I was going nuts, but that is a whole other can of worms...

Thanks,

Kruegs

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Ok. I'm going to postpone today's games until tomorrow so I can get this straightened out. Drew- Any ideas?

Next set will be tomorrow late-afternoon EDT.

HFNHL Red Wings

SPG said:
Ok. I'm going to postpone today's games until tomorrow so I can get this straightened out. Drew- Any ideas?

Next set will be tomorrow late-afternoon EDT.

It appears to be a small error on the playoff page link (it's pointing at the regular season folder instead of the playoff one)

Use this link:
http://www.hfnhl.com/playoffs/2006/hfnhl.zip

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Hopefully thats all it is... I'll update the page to point to the right place. I'd still like to hold off on games today to let everyone have extra time to sort out their lineups.

Edit - Site Updated.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Thanks for sorting it out, guys.

Drew has to be anxious for the series to continue - after the disappointingly early exits of both Brampton and Montreal, his Wings are the only thing he's got going for him!

(Of course, that just means he had more going for him at the start of playoffs than I did, since neither the 'Dogs nor the Leafs made the post-season... but hey, this is slam Drew time, not slam Douglas time, so shut up.)

HFNHL Red Wings

My anxiousness to move on is more driven from the potential of facing rivals. There's no bad blood or even rivalry between Greg and I (at least not on my part ;) ) and so it's low key series.
Now, however, with the potential of facing one or both of Nick and yourself in future rounds my interest is growing. Those are rivalries I can have some fun with :D

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL Red Wings said:
My anxiousness to move on is more driven from the potential of facing rivals. There's no bad blood or even rivalry between Greg and I (at least not on my part ;) ) and so it's low key series.
Now, however, with the potential of facing one or both of Nick and yourself in future rounds my interest is growing. Those are rivalries I can have some fun with :D

Interest, fear - call it what you will. :D

(...said the person who still has to defeat Chicago.)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
HFNHL Red Wings said:

My line changes for game 4 didn't happen either. I put Toskala in for Cloutier, yet Cloutier played.

But, hey, I won. Should I re-submit my lines again, or will it keep Cloutier in net?

Oh yea, Hope you counted those chickens, Drew,

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Wild GM said:
My line changes for game 4 didn't happen either. I put Toskala in for Cloutier, yet Cloutier played.

But, hey, I won. Should I re-submit my lines again, or will it keep Cloutier in net?

Oh yea, Hope you counted those chickens, Drew,

Greg-

The lines you sent gave me an error because Matt Cullen (who is suspended) was being dressed. Same error when trying to load them today :dunno:

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
That's weird, because I specifically sent in new lines with Kip Miller in the lineup.

And now, the lines I downloaded allow me to start Karpotsev despite his injury....is that correct?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Wild GM said:
That's weird, because I specifically sent in new lines with Kip Miller in the lineup.

And now, the lines I downloaded allow me to start Karpotsev despite his injury....is that correct?

Make sure you're downloading the league files from the playoff page. If you have been, make sure to load the hfnhlPLF (File > Load > hfnhlPLF) version of the files in your GM editor. I just downloaded the league files and checked in my GM editor and Karpovtsev is listed as injured and it won't allow me to dress him. That's the only thing I could think of that would be causing the problem...

Games around 7:00 EDT tonight. Drew will be taking the reigns back after tonight's games. Good luck everyone!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Thanks for all your help with this, Sean! And thanks Drew for agreeing to take back the load, now that your Red Wings are booking tee times (obligatory jab ;) ).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad