NPPG: Playoff Edition III

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Believe it or not noon would actually be worse for a lot of the night shift people as we are asleep then lol.

I'm not overly concerned, but I do think a set time rather than 24 hours before the game is better. It's at least at the exact same time every time instead of 3pm one day and 9pm another.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Believe it or not noon would actually be worse for a lot of the night shift people as we are asleep then lol.

I'm not overly concerned, but I do think a set time rather than 24 hours before the game is better. It's at least at the exact same time every time instead of 3pm one day and 9pm another.

It does make you have to pay attention to the schedule, though.

For me, timing isn't really that much of a problem. I do not have to worry about getting caught doing personal stuff at work, and I'm an empty nester so I don't have childcare duties very often. I get that some really can't post at certain times, though, so I'm cool with whatever is decided.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It does make you have to pay attention to the schedule, though.

For me, timing isn't really that much of a problem. I do not have to worry about getting caught doing personal stuff at work, and I'm an empty nester so I don't have childcare duties very often. I get that some really can't post at certain times, though, so I'm cool with whatever is decided.
Why would paying attention to the schedule matter? It's not like anyone around here doesn't know the schedule for the most part.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I have a thousand numbers going through my mind at any given time...sometimes the time of that Arizona game isn't at the forefront and I have to look at my calendar. Not that it matters, but knowing the time in order to post the day before is something I make use of.

Reactions: Jonesey

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Late to the party. I like 24 hours prior.

Also, not everyone knows the schedule. For a few years now I haven't paid any attention to it. For a long time I'd basically have it memorized, but the past few years I really don't look at it. I find out when the next game is when they mention it on the previous broadcast, sometimes I don't know if and when the Preds are playing until a GDT goes up.

I really never know what the standings look like or who the statistical leaders are. I do watch a ton of hockey, all Preds games and 2-5 games of every other team each year. But I just don't sweat the numbers anymore, really takes a lot of stress out of watching and makes it more enjoyable. There is plenty of time in the summer to go back through statistics.

That's also why I don't think I'll be in the NPPG next year, I was too often rooting for specific players to perform well rather than just enjoying the game.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
For me, their scoring was just a bonus to the game. I'm competitive but I'm not so competitive that worrying about whether I was in the top 16 took away from the fun of the actual game. However, I was enough into it that I got a few puzzled reactions:

So, what is this thing you do?
It's a points game on the message board.
And it's like fantasy?
Not really. It's just something we do.
What do you win?
Um, nothing. It's just a pride thing.
'k And you picked Weber because...?
I forgot then got up late. Shut up. Remember when Joey had that fight the other game? That got me 8 points in a Gordie Howe Hat Trick.
You need a drink.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->