Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
upload_2018-6-4_10-3-31.png

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I think if DD is going to claim this title he needs to change his damn avatar. Someone make him a Preds PPG Champion one to sport for the coming year...
my thoughts. great year and lots of fun but i would prefer Preds fans play and win.

yes I am an asshole but I do not care.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
View attachment 124229

Congratulations to @Datsyukian Deke on your playoff victory! What a tight final this was. Hope everyone had fun this year!
Thank you, Jonesey! I very much appreciate all your efforts each year with putting all this together, and am pleased you all allowed me to take part in it this season.

I think if DD is going to claim this title he needs to change his damn avatar. Someone make him a Preds PPG Champion one to sport for the coming year..
We'll see, I'm sure something can be worked out, indeed. I'm pretty sure that's my original avatar & has never been changed, perhaps out of laziness, ha.
my thoughts. great year and lots of fun but i would prefer Preds fans play and win..
I would hope after all these years on these boards, the old Preds boards, & my season ticket days that I've been somehow grandfathered in by some grace and/or charity, no? ;)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Congratulations Deke!

Looking forward to next year, Jonesey. Things I've had run through my head as "awww, I wish there was a point for":

Empty Net Goal
GWG
4 or more assists (this never happened to me)

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Congratulations Deke!

Looking forward to next year, Jonesey. Things I've had run through my head as "awww, I wish there was a point for":

Empty Net Goal
GWG
4 or more assists (this never happened to me)

I can get behind a bonus for 4 or more assists. Wouldn't be as big as 4 or more goals though.

ENG and GWG's are already worth 2 points. Maybe .5 additional for the GWG?

I've also thought about eliminating opposing teams from being picked, and you can pick any Predator you haven't selected in the past 10 games regardless of if someone else has picked them. It would eliminate the race to start threads before anyone.

Reactions: PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I can get behind a bonus for 4 or more assists. Wouldn't be as big as 4 or more goals though.

ENG and GWG's are already worth 2 points. Maybe .5 additional for the GWG?

I've also thought about eliminating opposing teams from being picked, and you can pick any Predator you haven't selected in the past 10 games regardless of if someone else has picked them. It would eliminate the race to start threads before anyone.
Ah, I didn't realize GWG and ENG got points. I should pay better attention. May have been why I had an extra point and didn't know why here and there. I was talking about just 1 extra point if the person got 4 assists. My reasoning is that person was a critical player if his line has scored 4 goals and since assists get 1 vs goals getting 2 it seems like a nice little bonus.

I like the every 5 games rule and that it has to be a different player both for you and from the rest of the game entrants. It's a reason for us to have to look at the entire lineup and pick the lesser known players on occasion. Also, having only our team limits the number of people who can play to 21. Since you can't start the thread twice in a row, that keeps the race to start it down somewhat, but that's just part of the fun. Maybe that gets changed to every 3 games. For me, sometimes I'm able to post 24 hours before (or was it midnight--can't believe I've forgotten!), sometimes I'm not. I still ended up okay in the regular season.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Ah, I didn't realize GWG and ENG got points. I should pay better attention. May have been why I had an extra point and didn't know why here and there. I was talking about just 1 extra point if the person got 4 assists. My reasoning is that person was a critical player if his line has scored 4 goals and since assists get 1 vs goals getting 2 it seems like a nice little bonus.

I like the every 5 games rule and that it has to be a different player both for you and from the rest of the game entrants. It's a reason for us to have to look at the entire lineup and pick the lesser known players on occasion. Also, having only our team limits the number of people who can play to 21. Since you can't start the thread twice in a row, that keeps the race to start it down somewhat, but that's just part of the fun. Maybe that gets changed to every 3 games. For me, sometimes I'm able to post 24 hours before (or was it midnight--can't believe I've forgotten!), sometimes I'm not. I still ended up okay in the regular season.

The change would mean other people's picks do not effect your own picks. More than one person can pick a player provided they haven't selected them in the past 10 games.

Just a thought I had based on some bickering and disputes we had over thread starting and people missing peoples picks.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Personally wouldn't mind seeing it limited to just the Preds players but extending it out to 10 or 15 games before it can repeat and eliminating people not being able to pick the same player.

My concern with if we just go all Preds and keeping it at 5, is that basically everyone just picks the top line and then whoever is scoring on the 2nd and it becomes a bland rotation for everyone.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I like the current rules. I also like being able to pick opposing players. I thought it was both interesting and fair this past season, with the exception that I think the complaints of the people who routinely work nights and never get first chance is legit. Not sure how to fix that without screwing another group though... thoughts?? Anyone??

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I like the current rules. I also like being able to pick opposing players. I thought it was both interesting and fair this past season, with the exception that I think the complaints of the people who routinely work nights and never get first chance is legit. Not sure how to fix that without screwing another group though... thoughts?? Anyone??

That’s an issue I haven’t been able to figure out for 3 seasons now.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Maybe make starting post time noon of the day before the game? Then night workers will probably be off, day workers can post during their lunch break, we night owls will be up for the day and you early risers can post during your...well, honestly I have no clue what early risers are doing then. It also gives plenty of time to change your post choice if you find out new information that might affect it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad