GDT: Playoff Criticality I vs Canucks I 3-24 I 10 p.m.

AndBoomGoesTheCannon

Feb 21, 2019
Cleveland, OH
vipbxdfkh6o21.png

found on reddit

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Ok, I think we saw embers.....some embers of life for this team.
Need to keep it up, into the next game with NYI.

You've earned some respect back CBJ
.....some.....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Players seemed very easy with Bob in post game head touches and such. Maybe he's got a concussion?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
On a night when Josh Anderson is a +4 and pretty much scores by himself, Duchene was just a +1 and Atkinson not on for any goals. Dubois and Panarin were on for two goals in the bit of ice time they shared with Josh.

This isn't really "slide Josh Anderson up so he'll click with Duchene and Dzingel", it's "play Josh Anderson more because he is carrying the team". They've found a bit of chemistry but there should be more to come. I'd consider swapping Anderson and Atkinson (reunite the old PB & J).

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I've changed my tune slightly on our playoff fate after looking at the schedule moving forward.

MTL game is obviously a must win on Thurs. If we also defeat NYI on Tues, I think we're getting in. Winning both games this week would tie us with MTL (90 pts.) and us having a game-in-hand.

MTL's last 4 after Thursday are: @WPG, TBL, @Wsh, TOR. I think they go 2-2 and get 4 points in those final 4.

We finish with 5 games after Thursday: @BUF, @NSH, BOS, @NYR, @OTT. I think we get at least 6 points in our last 5 by going 3-2.

CBJ should own the tiebreaker with a 2-game ROW lead right now, so if tied after Thursday, we could still go 2-3 in the last 5 and possibly still get in.

Still no realistic chance to pass CAR, unfortunately

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Leafs fan in peace. In finals of Fantasy Hockey and i NEED!!!! Bob to start lol.

Also the Blue Jackets are -160 @ Vancouver (good odds). I like your chances boys and girls so keep cheering cause **** Montreal.
your welcome

He’ll still be a RFA so he’ll go back to the Jarmo hard ass negotiation school.
He has been fair with everybody. The only person who had issues was Anderson and thats because they didnt take a deal early and when he didnt earn what he thought he could make he wanted the original offer and JK basically said no you played hardball now you get what you deserve. They are going to want him here and happy long term. Look for 5.5-6×6

Reactions: AllDay28

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Good win.
I'm assuming we do get in (we will be just good enough for 8th seed) and to get Tampa in first round.
Then we can continue the narrative about how unlucky we are with playing the eventual cup champion in first round :)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The only part of the game I watched was the end-of-first-period review. I wanted to check out a couple of minutes of hockey before I went to sleep, well that didn't work out. Happy we won, although we have to beat a good team at some point. It's hard to remember the wins against Carolina and Boston.

All I can say is that Anderson is going to be a really big part of this team moving forward. He's really made some strides. OB is taking some steps as well. I think we're pretty well served with

RW - Anderson, Atkinson, OB
LW - ??
C - PLD, Jenner
D - Werenski, Jones, Nutivaara, and hopefully a healthy Murray. Savard is just Savard.
G - ??

Add Duchene and Dzingle to the mix and it doesn't look bad. I'm really not sure what our current funk is all about.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I don't think the same principle applies when UFA years are in the mix. I expect ~$5.5m long term (yes, pretty much the inflation-adjusted Tom Wilson deal).

For the sake of maintaining a better relationship with the player, and after being so stubborn towards him last time... I hope we come in with such a solid offer that there isn't much of a negotiation.

On a night when Josh Anderson is a +4 and pretty much scores by himself, Duchene was just a +1 and Atkinson not on for any goals. Dubois and Panarin were on for two goals in the bit of ice time they shared with Josh.

This isn't really "slide Josh Anderson up so he'll click with Duchene and Dzingel", it's "play Josh Anderson more because he is carrying the team". They've found a bit of chemistry but there should be more to come. I'd consider swapping Anderson and Atkinson (reunite the old PB & J).

May I present my favorite stat of the night... :D

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->