Series Talk: Playoff Brackets

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I know a lot of people complain about this, but I thought I will put this into perspective

If playoffs were to start today these are the match ups with the current set up

Eastern ConferenceWestern Conference
TBL(1) vs MTL(8)CGY(1) vs MIN(8)
BOS(2) vs TOR(3)SJS(2) vs VGK(5)
WSH(4) vs PIT(7)WPG(3) vs DAL(7)
NYI(5) vs CAR(6)NSH(4) vs STL(6)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Here is what it would look like in the old system

Eastern ConferenceWestern Conference
TBL(1) vs MTL(8)CGY(1) vs MIN(8)
BOS(2) vs PIT(7)SJS(2) vs DAL(7)
TOR(3) vs CAR(6)WPG(3) vs STL(6)
WSH(4) vs NYI(5)NSH(4) vs VGK(5)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I have no idea why they messed it up.

5928446f1600002500ddd08f.jpg

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Man, it's years like this that I wish we were still in the western Conference.

Our odds of winning a Stanley Cup would automatically at least double. Nothing the west has can matchup to Boston, then Tampa, then Washington

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Ofcourse everyone wants home ice. It's a huge advantage, and so key to have in the playoffs. However, the 18-19 Leafs have shown to be a resilient bunch on the road this year so I'm ready to start on the road if that's what's to come.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Its no different than divisional concept, really.

That is the solution to fans that don't like the current format.

You would need to to have only an Eastern and Western conference and not 4 divisions to set up 1 v 8 and 2 v 7 team formats on either side and a balanced schedule for everyone in the conference.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ofcourse everyone wants home ice. It's a huge advantage, and so key to have in the playoffs. However, the 18-19 Leafs have shown to be a resilient bunch on the road this year so I'm ready to start on the road if that's what's to come.

I think we will get home ice. Boston simply cannot continue to rack up wins like they have for another 20 games. Sooner or later they will lose some in regulation. And remember one key thing, we just have to tie them in points and home ice is ours. We have the upper hand on ROWs and at this stage it’s highly unlikely that they can catch up in that department.

Reactions: MattySnipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad