Playoff bracket challenge

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Let's just try the NHL.com playoff bracket challenge this year instead of doing the round-by-round playoff game. I created a private league here, so create a bracket and post in the thread what your picks are.

So... I don't exactly know if this will work, but I'm posting the link below and I think you can just join by using the password below.

NHL 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge
Password: hfwildplayoffs

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Man...I don't think I realized how good the matchups are in the 1st round until I went through the bracket making choices. Vegas and San Jose could be a great series. Same with Winnipeg and St. Louis in the West, Washington/Carolina, Pit/NYI and Boston/TOR in the East. Hoping for some long series. I legitimately think St. Louis could take out Winnipeg.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Man...I don't think I realized how good the matchups are in the 1st round until I went through the bracket making choices. Vegas and San Jose could be a great series. Same with Winnipeg and St. Louis in the West, Washington/Carolina, Pit/NYI and Boston/TOR in the East. Hoping for some long series. I legitimately think St. Louis could take out Winnipeg.
i have st louis winning it all.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I've tentatively got San Jose, St Louis, Boston, NYI as the final four, but I might literally change every single one of those still. :laugh: I hate that Tampa and Boston match up in the second round if they both win their first series.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I have Tampa winning, which is the cliche of the season, but I think it's a safe guess for the challenge. I badly want the Caps to win it again, and if not them, either Toronto or Tampa.

Meh on the western teams. I wouldn't care if the Flames won it (I know, crazy. I know our history with them, I just like 98% of their team). I used to be a big Sharks fan but I have lost interest over the years, I'm not sure why. I suppose it would be cool if they won.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I've tentatively got San Jose, St Louis, Boston, NYI as the final four, but I might literally change every single one of those still. :laugh: I hate that Tampa and Boston match up in the second round if they both win their first series.

I have Caps-Tampa, Blues-Calgary. Caps don't have quite the same feeling as last season, Kempny is injured. Calgary I think gets close, but St. Louis charges ahead to go to the Cup. Kucherov wins what ends up being a season about him this year.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I am somehow mildly relieved not to have to watch the Wild lose this playoff season.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I am in.

I am starting to get really tired of the impending 2nd round Pens/Caps match up assuming they both win. I hope one of them doesn't.

I am willing to donate a prize to the winner, autographed puck or something?

Reactions: BigT2002

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I am in.

I am starting to get really tired of the impending 2nd round Pens/Caps match up assuming they both win. I hope one of them doesn't.

I am willing to donate a prize to the winner, autographed puck or something?
Have any left handed signed sticks? My current stick just isn't cutting it.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yup, less than an hour before the playoffs started, I switched from Boston to Tampa winning it all. Mistakes were made.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I was 4/8 for 1st round winners. Blues, Sharks, Avs, and Canes. Of those four, I've only got the sharks moving on to the next round.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Bravo to whoever is way ahead.

I got four correct in the first round, and three of those I have in the conference finals. I picked all division winners and all of them failed.

Funny how 4/8 is good enough for third place. :laugh:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I had one right (STL) in the entire first round :laugh: and had STL losing in the 2nd round. That is some kind of terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->