Playoff Beards

StringerBell

I have a year round beard and keep it trimmed to the #2. If we get out of the first round I might go crazy and grow it out to the #3 ;)

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
The correct answer is yes.

Should have waited until the start of the playoffs for this so we could all post our beards. Or someone could start another thread later I guess.

Amused To Death

Nov 6, 2009
Victoria
I didn't get a haircut throughout the entire 2011 season + playoffs, and grew a playoff beard.

I vowed after that debacle I vowed to never do it again. I won't :)

You get tired of people crossing the street to get away because of my general thuggish appearance...

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
Grew a playoff beard and didn't get a haircut for 2011. After the 2nd period of game 7 of the SCF I shaved my beard and drove to the barber. I still think to myself "What if I had waited till the end of the game?" Haunts me to this day.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I made a commitment in January 2012 to not shave my beard or cut my hair until the Canucks won a Stanley Cup. I may have made a terrible mistake.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Some years I try, but it usually winds up a playoff goatee. Every time I try to grow a full beard I end up shaving it after about three weeks max. Just can't get past the itchy stage; had a mustache and goatee since I was about 20, but never did the full beard. I always end up with pimples hiding in it, ingrown hairs, clawing my face off from the itching...not fun. Or pretty.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I have the body of a 13-year-old and so I'm incapable of growing anything more than a rudimentary teenstache.

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
Some years I try, but it usually winds up a playoff goatee. Every time I try to grow a full beard I end up shaving it after about three weeks max. Just can't get past the itchy stage; had a mustache and goatee since I was about 20, but never did the full beard. I always end up with pimples hiding in it, ingrown hairs, clawing my face off from the itching...not fun. Or pretty.

I find that if I just shave the neck most of the itching goes away.

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
Almost always have a bushy beard, well until some sort of family function that i get harassed enough to shave it before. Thankfully when playoff time rolls around an those family functions come up, the harassment doesn't come haha.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I find that if I just shave the neck most of the itching goes away.

Yeah, I never try the neck. It's my cheeks that drive me nuts, right down by the jawline in the first few inches from the edge of my goatee. Oh, and beside my ears. In my fantasies, I usually try to go for a reddish/blond William Riker kind of beard, but it never works out. It usually winds up as a "Denis Leary in Demolition Man meets babbling street lunatic" kind of look.

And oh yeah, I remembered another reason I end up shaving before too long. My wife doesn't like the full beard (or at least the growing-in stage) for reasons that will be deleted if I elaborate.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Similar to everyone else, can't grow a beard if my life depended on it but I will try nonetheless.

I made a commitment in January 2012 to not shave my beard or cut my hair until the Canucks won a Stanley Cup. I may have made a terrible mistake.

Picspicspics

2 friends challenged me to no shave 2012 and both failed by April.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
Almost always have a bushy beard, well until some sort of family function that i get harassed enough to shave it before. Thankfully when playoff time rolls around an those family functions come up, the harassment doesn't come haha.

I have the same. Only trim it when the girlfriend gets on my case:laugh:. But it gets especially crazy for the playoffs.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
There needs to be a "kind of" option for people like me who cant grow a proper beard. :laugh:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
My facial hair isnt consistent on all areas of my face. It is really only on my chin and neck with some on my jaw. I call it the scarf :yo:

For that reason a dont grow playoff beards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad