OT: Playoff Avatars?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I know I'm in the minority but I find it confusing when everyone looks the same. Not a fan.

Reactions: LeafSteel

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I'm down for playoff avatars. It's cool to do something as a group like that. I'd happily help out if I had any design/art ability, but I don't.

As a suggestion, based on @ACC1224 's point, could they somehow include posters' normal avatar in it? That might be cool. And you could still tell who's who.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
Pitch:

1st Picture: Something you'd be ridiculed for saying e.g. It would be foolish to think the Leafs can win after seven straight defeats.

2nd Picture:
i-am-that-fool-intergalactic-addams-family.gif

3rd Picture: Toronto Maple Leafs Playoffs 2023: A Fool's Journey.

Reactions: Hoverhand and banks

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'm down for playoff avatars. It's cool to do something as a group like that. I'd happily help out if I had any design/art ability, but I don't.

As a suggestion, based on @ACC1224 's point, could they somehow include posters' normal avatar in it? That might be cool. And you could still tell who's who.
I like that idea.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I like that idea.

Thanks. I think a few other fanbases have done that in the past, so it's not really an original thought. It could just be something like a banner added at the bottom of everyone's regular avatar. Or the last stage in a GIF is each person's own.

Really wish I could photoshop and toss some out for people.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
My pitch, which I've given in the past, would be something based on Babcocks comments regarding "there will be pain" when he first started as that's kinda marked the start of this Era for the Leafs to me. And there's been a lot of pain since!

Rough version I threw together below (if it loads): (picture of something painful, picture of something positive since, SC logo)

20230412_230929.gif

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
My pitch, which I've given in the past, would be something based on Babcocks comments regarding "there will be pain" when he first started as that's kinda marked the start of this Era for the Leafs to me. And there's been a lot of pain since!

Rough version I threw together below (if it loads): (picture of something painful, picture of something positive since, SC logo)

View attachment 687100
There has to be a pic of a game 7 loss in there to really drive home the “pain” levels.
I was actually relieved we finally went with the tank option.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I was halfbad at Adobe illustrator 4 years ago. Became a father and all my time Joe Laberoed away and never came back.

Now this is my skill level.
Untitled 59.jpg

Hmm looks like a birchleef...

My avatar is a Maple leaf under water. Felt it said something about how i felt a long time. Might be time to change.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
There has to be a pic of a game 7 loss in there to really drive home the “pain” levels.
I was actually relieved we finally went with the tank option.
For sure. I 100% agree the pain was worse for game 7s and we knew the Leafs had to tank (but it still sucked). Game 7 losses was the other option (a lot of options too of course 😢

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00