Playoff Avatars?

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Thanks for the nice feedback, guys! It has been fun and a good way of avoiding real responsibilities this week lol.

I'm still pondering the potential DieHard battery tie in without having to add too many slides.

Right now I have two thoughts:

1: Kind of an "add on" DieHard battery tag as Lempo suggested.

final die hard poster rod slide sponsorship.png

2. A separate slide ala @ Svechhammer that looks something like their official announcement of sponsorship.

e.g.

carolina playoffs sponsored by die hard final silide.png

Let me know your thoughts!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's tricky. It certainly can't take a slide or too much space of a slide, but how to make it small enough and unconspious?

Would the small sponsor tag of the first slide work in the Stanley Cup slide? Just enough to give sponsor a nod while mocking the general sponsor thingy.

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm not sure I understand the appeal of putting the sponsored part in there. But I'm one of those people that would rather have a shirt with a subtle reference to a tv show or movie than one that has to spell out the show or reference. I think it fits our board more for some people to be like, "what the **** is that?"

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I'm not sure I understand the appeal of putting the sponsored part in there. But I'm one of those people that would rather have a shirt with a subtle reference to a tv show or movie than one that has to spell out the show or reference. I think it fits our board more for some people to be like, "what the **** is that?"
That's certainly a point. Chances are the sponsors get mentioned enough by the pbp anyway. Quite high chances actually, now to think of it. We can leave it out.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Thanks for the nice feedback, guys! It has been fun and a good way of avoiding real responsibilities this week lol.

I'm still pondering the potential DieHard battery tie in without having to add too many slides.

Right now I have two thoughts:

1: Kind of an "add on" DieHard battery tag as Lempo suggested.

View attachment 433471

2. A separate slide ala @ Svechhammer that looks something like their official announcement of sponsorship.

e.g.

View attachment 433476

Let me know your thoughts!
So my thought was that having the Die Hard With a Vengeance logo on one slide might be too much for anyone to catch. So I was thinking something along the lines of this:

Attachments

• DieHardGif.png
    DieHardGif.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 4

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So my thought was that having the Die Hard With a Vengeance logo on one slide might be too much for anyone to catch. So I was thinking something along the lines of this:
I think four slides is a max. Besides, six would seriously ruin the quality of the images because avatars have a file size limit.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
It's tricky. It certainly can't take a slide or too much space of a slide, but how to make it small enough and unconspious?

Would the small sponsor tag of the first slide work in the Stanley Cup slide? Just enough to give sponsor a nod while mocking the general sponsor thingy.

What about something like this?

FINAL DARK carolina playoffs sponsored by die hard final silide.jpg

I have zero opinion, so I'll let people decide.

Reactions: 2Minutes4Surging

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
VOTE AND ARGUE AMONGST YOURSELVES!

LET CHAOS REIGN!

LOLOLOL.

ETA: I'll check back later to see what most people like. You can even mock up some slides ala svechammer. I'm down for whatever.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
In time, on time, outa time, time-out, timeless or maybe a time to reap or just a time to SOW VENGEANCE?
Stop laying your vengeance upon me, that's a different film... made with the suspiciously limited acting corps of the Hollywood. I mean, no one wants to end up with le watch up in le ass here.

Reactions: LostInaLostWorld

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I want mine to say "Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy Country Boy?"

stfy.

Unless you find a pic of a Pred wearing a stetson.

Last edited:

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Would it be stupid to photoshop Dougie in full hockey gear into a museum in middle of Roman marble statues, because, you know, benefits of the classical education.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Would it be stupid to photoshop Dougie in full hockey gear into a museum in middle of Roman marble statues, because, you know, benefits of the classical education.

Yes. And I love it. LOL.

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and re-do the speed / do any requests.

I think as a compromise since there are varying opinions about the add-tie in, I'll just use my original template and take any requests for an add-tie in for the last slide if someone really wants another one.

Here's another mockup for that type of slide.

FINAL POWERED by carolina playoffs sponsored by die hard final silide copy 2.png

Reactions: Lempo

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
they're motivated,
they're happening,
I.E.
they want something​

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
"Do you really think you had a chance against us Mr. Cowboy"?

“We can go any way you want it. You can walk out of here or be carried out. But have no illusions. We are in charge.”

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad