Playoff Avatars?

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Are we up for playoff avatars this year? (hopefully made by someone with much better tech skills lol).

If so, what?

The two main ones I saw thrown around were:

1) A Hubris [✓] Hardware [X] Theme based off of a visiting troll's comment on our board.

2) Some play on Geekie's "At the end of the day, You Can't Out Pizza the Hut" interview quote.

But, as always, this thread is open for ridiculousness and debate :)

Discuss away!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I believe there was also something about preserving/perverting the sanctity of hockey.

Though I think, given this board's history with turning any discussion into one about food, you really couldn't ask for a better bit than the Pizza Hut line.

Maybe something like "You can mock the Surge, but you can't outpizza the Hut", "You can question our goaltending, but you can't outpizza the Hut", etc.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I believe there was also something about preserving/perverting the sanctity of hockey.

Though I think, given this board's history with turning any discussion into one about food, you really couldn't ask for a better bit than the Pizza Hut line.

Maybe something like "You can mock the Surge, but you can't outpizza the Hut", "You can question our goaltending, but you can't outpizza the Hut", etc.
I like this idea.

"You can do the Michigan, but you can't outpizza the Hut"

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
"The only one to outpizza the hut is pizza the hut"

spaceballspizzathehut-300x152.gif

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

"They say, you can't

Out [something1] the [something2]

But to win the Cup, you must"

Out Taco the Bell,
Out General the Electric

And obviously for our arena sponsor,

Out Pee the Sea

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Once again, someone with actual tech skills this year please(!) can make a better version, but here's a basic potential template for Out-pizza the hut theme if we are interested in that.

It really depends on how we're interpreting "out-pizza the hut" , which is absurd lol.

I also think the gross hockey / irreverent hockey and hubris ones are cool, too.

final failed lacrosse avatar optimized.gif

Final dougie interview can't out pizza LARGE font.gif

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Once again, someone with actual tech skills this year please(!) can make a better version, but here's a basic potential template for Out-pizza the hut theme if we are interested in that.

It really depends on how we're interpreting "out-pizza the hut" , which is absurd lol.

I also think the gross hockey / irreverent hockey and hubris ones are cool, too.

View attachment 431328

View attachment 431327
I love it. And you're doing yourself no favors by making great avatars again and then trying to pass it off.

You should always do a shitty job the first time so nobody ever asks you to do it again. Too late now.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Inspired by the Ho Chi Minh City thing from the other night…

Frame 1: “Where in the world is Tripp Tracy?” logo in the mold of “Where in the world in Carmen Sandiego?”

Frame 2: Increasingly random locations throughout the world (i.e. Juarez, Mexico or Tehran, Iran) on a map, like the game.

Frame 3: Playoff logo.

I can come up with a prototype in a bit, if there’s interest.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
there's also a wealth of "dive team" type material to choose from over one of the other team boards, not that I would encourage going over there and liking posts

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Thanks for the comments, but PLEASE others come up with prototypes etc.

the process is early and it will be fun to see what madness we can come up with through brainstorming lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad