HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
UrQlXvV.png

Last edited:

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
"I provided zero ideas or creative input, continued to do nothing while others put in their own time and effort to create the image files, and now here I am complaining about it"
I mean I don't think it was a complaint as much as it was just an observation. And I don't disagree with him. For being on this board for nearly 7 years, these are my least favorite playoff avatars we've had. I think it's just most won't get the reference because they haven't seen the film and/or just don't care for it. Also most of them are 5+ slides, it gets a bit ridiculous having 3 or 4 different slides of non-hockey related stuff.

Reactions: Bendak

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I mean I don't think it was a complaint as much as it was just an observation. And I don't disagree with him. For being on this board for nearly 7 years, these are my least favorite playoff avatars we've had. I think it's just most won't get the reference because they haven't seen the film and/or just don't care for it. Also most of them are 5+ slides, it gets a bit ridiculous having 3 or 4 different slides of non-hockey related stuff.
The difference between this post and the posts we're talking about, is that this one is constructive. Thanks for the input. I noticed not too many people were making any, so I decided to make some because people seemed to like my original. It's my first time doing this, so yeah.

Not to mention I put in several hours finding these images, editing them myself, making the GIFs, remaking the GIFs, uploading and then posting them, yet it only takes 5 seconds to call them bad. It doesn't bother me though, you guys don't have to use them, and I don't have to make them, but I did.

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The difference between this post and the posts we're talking about, is that this one is constructive. Thanks for the input. I noticed not too many people were making any, so I decided to make some because people seemed to like my original. It's my first time doing this, so yeah.

Not to mention I put in several hours finding these images, editing them myself, making the GIFs, remaking the GIFs, uploading and then posting them, yet it only takes 5 seconds to call them bad. It doesn't bother me though, you guys don't have to use them, and I don't have to make them, but I did.
I thought Ranksu was making a broader complaint about the avatars across all the playoff teams. I still think its in poor taste to complain without contributing to making them at all, but I don't think he was singling out the ones you made.

And as for me, I think they're awesome. I'm getting a kick out of a poster who doesn't like me copying my avatar without realizing, but otherwise its been cool how quickly you've made individual ones for pretty much everyone that has asked.

Finally, seriously, there are people who don't like that movie?

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I thought Ranksu was making a broader complaint about the avatars across all the playoff teams. I still think its in poor taste to complain without contributing to making them at all, but I don't think he was singling out the ones you made.

And as for me, I think they're awesome. I'm getting a kick out of a poster who doesn't like me copying my avatar without realizing, but otherwise its been cool how quickly you've made individual ones for pretty much everyone that has asked.

Finally, seriously, there are people who don't like that movie?
It's a pretty old movie (almost as old as the Blues). It's also really long and there aren't a ton of explosions and action, so I understand why it might not be enjoyable for everyone. The kind of film that The Good the Bad and the Ugly is just isn't a popular style these days. It wouldn't sell to today's audience, which I think is a shame. Personally, I like all genres of movies from nearly all time periods (except super hero movies because they've been done to death for the last 8+ years, and I guess recent horror movies because they're mainly just jumpscares). The Good the Bad and the Ugly is my favorite movie, and one of the greatest films ever made, if not the best. The graveyard scene (which is what the avatar pictures are from) is in my opinion the greatest scene in movie history. The amount of thought put into that scene is astounding. The cinematography is amazing, how the shots are done, the eye movements, the music. No words are spoken, but so much is said.

Now you got me going, I could talk for hours about movies. I'm a big movie guy. :popcorn:

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
So welcoming Ranksu. We traded you for him. It's a better deal than the ROR trade. Please go report to the Ducks board.
Actually it's all part of the ROR trade. your 1st to Buffalo, that 1st moved to Anaheim, Anaheim fan draft pick back to Buffalo but since they didn't make playoffs that pick got sent to the fans here. Now you're stuck with me for the remainder of the play-offs aaaaand likely having me as a lurker on and off when I need a vacation from things in Ducks-land.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad