Playoff Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Actually, I like this idea way better than the Turtles thing.

"Giroux doesn't have it anymore"
"Couturier can't break 40 pts"
"Ghost can't play defense"
"Konecny makes too many mistakes"
"Voracek is a cap dump"
"Patrick is a bust"
"Provorov can't score"
"Elliot is a backup"
"Simmonds can't skate"
"Gudas is a thug"

I mean, I've been on this idea since @Striiker stumbled onto it in a GDT a month or so ago.

I'm calling "Giroux can't lay off the grilled cheese!" if we go in this direction.

I'll be honest. I HATE the turtle idea. I neither want Brandon Manning to play for the Flyers nor want to have his face associated with my good name.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I mean, I've been on this idea since @Striiker stumbled onto it in a GDT a month or so ago.

I'm calling "Giroux can't lay off the grilled cheese!" if we go in this direction.

I'll be honest. I HATE the turtle idea. I neither want Brandon Manning to play for the Flyers nor want to have his face associated with my good name.
This one?
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/141385157/

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Exactly. As great as Kelce is, he’s an Eagle and not a Flyer.

We’re the Flyers board. Why go to another team for inspiration?

Well aside from team affiliation, it was a REALLY bad ass speech Jason Kelce made that can apply to us. Even if he wasn't an Eagle, it was a terrific thing to draw inspiration from.

Reactions: Jray42

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I'd be down for either Kelce or Jake, with a slight preference towards Kelce but I understand why Jake would be more fitting for this forum considering not everyone here is an Eagles fan. The Kelce thing is just complete gold, though. Like it's perfect.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They're both good. I get the non-Eagles fans wanting Jake's "Get a Life" though, and that is in the pantheon of great moments on this board. You could always incorporate both. With Kelce saying the remark -- "Couturier is a 3C!" and Jake responding to it with "Get a Life."

But all that matters is we hogtie JTown and deadhead and make them forcibly use the Couturier and Ghost/TK ones.

Reactions: Starat327

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Eh either way I'm going with Kelce, even if I have to go rogue.

It's the clear creative choice for me, especially as a born and raised Philly fan (3 for 4, since I don't care about the Sixers).

Reactions: PALE PWNR

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
GirouxKelceGif4Frame200.gif
GirouxKelceGif4Frame.gif

I think I solved the issue. I believe I was making them 200x200 as I thought that that was the standard size but I believe that is only for sponsors. So 100x100 works for me and I think that is the normal size allowed

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
If anyone would like me to make one for them post here a kelce picture, a player picture and a phrase you want it to say and I can start pumping them out.

And @ me. @PALE PWNR

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
And here are upgrades for previous avatars (from 100x100 to 96x96 it would be much better in this HFBoard and better logo).

Attachments

• output_0g3qXh.gif
    output_0g3qXh.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 196
  • output_Fvp2M5.gif
    output_Fvp2M5.gif
    20 KB · Views: 195
  • output_lI5Rdj.gif
    output_lI5Rdj.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 198
  • output_POHhkb.gif
    output_POHhkb.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 194
  • output_qBFhF2.gif
    output_qBFhF2.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: Flyerfan13

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
They're both good. I get the non-Eagles fans wanting Jake's "Get a Life" though, and that is in the pantheon of great moments on this board. You could always incorporate both. With Kelce saying the remark -- "Couturier is a 3C!" and Jake responding to it with "Get a Life."

But all that matters is we hogtie JTown and deadhead and make them forcibly use the Couturier and Ghost/TK ones.

I think we just make 2 sets, one Kelce & one Jake, and make sure that stylistically (font, colors, etc.) they match. That way, people want Kelce, they go Kelce. They want Jake, they go Jake. In either case, the themes are basically the same.

Also, can we get a moratorium on avys until we get this all figured out? Let's not be the fanbase that has 7 different rough ideas for avys with completely different themes.

Reactions: Magua and Jray42

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I have no idea how this whole thing traditionally works so just let me know if/when I have to do anything.

Since I'm not an actual Philadeplhian or Eagles (except for that last Super Bowl!) fan I had to look up what all this Kelce business was even about. I was wondering why I kept seeing pictures of Brian Blessed dressed like an Irish sultan.

Now I want Brian Blessed from Flash Gordon saying "G's ALIVE???"

Last edited:
Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad