Playoff Avatars - Wilson Real Estate

Avatar poll #2 - Vote for your favorite

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
When that one GDT had all those Fast Time at Ridgemont High gifs I was impressed how many were applicable, even when they were just Spiccoli gifs

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
When that one GDT had all those Fast Time at Ridgemont High gifs I was impressed how many were applicable, even when they were just Spiccoli gifs

tumblr_mrcwtwfsM41sezoa7o1_500.gif

Or maybe just we all adopt Barry Trotz for our Avatars?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The themes are good but those are the easiest part to come up with. It's the gag and presentation that makes the avatar.

Last year we leaned into the inevitable Tom Wilson Derangement Syndrome and imo it checked all the boxes. This year I don't think TW will be as much of a lightning rod, unless he goes nuts and hospitalizes someone in the next week.

Random movie scenes are old news so what's the angle? Animal House seems rich with opportunity since the Caps are still disrespected despite being the "heroes" of this movie (defending champs).

@The Deadly Pook Gas

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
The themes are good but those are the easiest part to come up with. It's the gag and presentation that makes the avatar.

Last year we leaned into the inevitable Tom Wilson Derangement Syndrome and imo it checked all the boxes. This year I don't think TW will be as much of a lightning rod, unless he goes nuts and hospitalizes someone in the next week.

Random movie scenes are old news so what's the angle? Animal House seems rich with opportunity since the Caps are still disrespected despite being the "heroes" of this movie (defending champs).

@The Deadly Pook Gas
How about how extreme the Caps would have to party to top last year, like Bluto pounding the whiskey and throwing the bottle and he’s got Oshies face, or Connolly orders the pizza in Reirden’s class. Playoffs 2019 The Quest for the Ultimate Celly.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I think movies are cool for individual games.

Ideas:
  • Kuzybird
  • We're Back! (think Jack Nicholson in the Shining but it could be Willy's, Ovi's, or whomever's face poking through the door or change different player's faces eyeing the cup
  • Back-to-back theme
  • Ovi riding a rocket to the Cup
  • Me in my underwear typing on my laptop

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

@The Deadly Pook Gas
This is why I like something about Kuzy's celly. It's timely and has gotten under the skin of opponents and The Great Hockey Xenophobe.

I think calicap came up with the big Lebowski “its cool man, we won last year” which I thought was good
You came up with that yourself about me...:puppy:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How about how extreme the Caps would have to party to top last year, like Bluto pounding the whiskey and throwing the bottle and he’s got Oshies face, or Connolly orders the pizza in Reirden’s class. Playoffs 2019 The Quest for the Ultimate Celly.

The first thought I had was like a version of the end of Animal House where the film freezes during an iconic pose and the text comes up telling you what happens to each character after college. Except it would be shots of the Caps hoisting the Cup, freezing, and then some funny blurb about how they partied afterward. Then a back to back panel, like 2 Cups together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad