Speculation: Playoff Avatars!: Request yours inside

What should our playoff avatar theme be?

• Spirit of ‘88

Votes: 40 32.3%
  • Rick and Morty

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Spider man

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Cangi

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Wrestling

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Gordon Ramsey

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • All the memes

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • Anime

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Other (write in)

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
I'm thinking cangi-calls mixed in with banangi, ending with Devils vs everybody.
PAVEL ZAKKA is just awesome

- also the Coleman sausage gif must be in there.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i very much like that idea, actually. we could do a Vish throwback and create them in microsoft paint. or mario paint if anyone will have their SNES fired up this weekend
i created the last frame of my avatar with paint....

i had to use the snipping tool from one of our pictures with "stanley cup playoffs", and zoomed in 800x to erase the rough edges, JUST so i could paste a nice red around the words

i think i spent a good 1.5 hours

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
First of many hopeful MSPaint avatars, as a test:

Kvyfi2h.png

jfYNg2y.png

Last edited:

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
1. Cangy

2. Spirit of '88

A banana Cangy theme for the avatars is such an inside joke but would cause other fans to take a second, third, and fourth look

Reactions: Bleedred

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Alright, I got it!! (the concept)

Okay, so the first picture is Banangi, then it goes to the Coleman gif of him chirping Kessel, and then a photoshopped pic of Cangi on Gordon saying "that's delicious" and then We Rise at the end. I'm a genius!

Now, who can make this happen? Or who can tell me how I can make this

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba

Okay, so the first picture is Banangi, then it goes to the Coleman gif of him chirping Kessel, and then a photoshopped pic of Cangi on Gordon saying "that's delicious" and then We Rise at the end. I'm a genius!

I like this. A lot

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I vote strongly in favor of Spirit of 88.

This team is incredibly similar to that team and it was exactly 30 years ago that team made the playoffs for the first time. Would be nice to have a homage to that team rather than a meme-inspired theme.

I looked it up...that team went 10-2-1 down the stretch to win a playoff berth, this team's gone 10-2-1 to seal a playoff berth. Only difference this was game #81, not game #82 but close enough.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth

I think we have to end with a New Jersey Devils vs Everybody though

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I looked it up...that team went 10-2-1 down the stretch to win a playoff berth, this team's gone 10-2-1 to seal a playoff berth. Only difference this was game #81, not game #82 but close enough.

Exactly.

Underdog team. First playoffs in a while. Doubted by everybody. The fact that it's 30 years ago too is even more fitting.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I can add anyones existing avy, player or another pic to this. This one's @MadDog172430's if he wants it.

It's going to make us nuts though with the gif running everywhere all the time lol, the tread starters avy, the little thumbnail in the threads you post in and at the top right user panel, it's all over haha.

ALtTf0d.gif

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I can add anyones existing avy, player or another pic to this. This one's @MadDog172430's if he wants it.

It's going to make us nuts though with the gif running everywhere all the time lol, the tread starters avy, the little thumbnail in the threads you post in and at the top right user panel, it's all over haha.

ALtTf0d.gif

Can you make me one with the “Now We Rise” and a picture of Wood :laugh:;)

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
@JK3 , might be doing something wrong here. Says I can only make the avatar 50KB so when I save it and adjust for size, it seems to only loop the images once and get stuck on the playoff logo. Any idea how I may have done that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad