Playoff Avatar Winner! (Request Thread)

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
For those asking for special requests outside of the middle frame image (and for adding text/gifs to the middle frame) these requests while seem minor, open up a whole can of worms. Since these come in at such a rapid rate to take on those types of special requests create a lack of consistency throughout. They also open up for everyone to make those kinds of requests and it bogs down the already limited resources we have to create them.

That being said, if one of the other helpers making these want to take that on, by all means go for it. The ones I create will be sticking with the current template without those kinds of customizations.

As for the comment about the images needing to be penguin related, I think the theme is really the first and 3rd frames. The middle frame I think is open to whatever the posters personality warrants. Just like non playoff avatars, some people have penguin related ones and some have ones that have nothing to do with penguins or hockey in general.. I don’t really see anything wrong with that.

The font on the main frame is American Captain. It's a free font if you want to download it.
Here is the PSD file

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisKuuuunitz

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I mean it's fine if you want a non-pens related frame. There's not crime against it obviously, but I just feel it goes against the spirit of having a playoff avatar theme in the first place.

I mean if we had the animals theme and somebody picked some random dude as their frame, I honestly wouldn't even get the meaning of the theme or how it was related to the team outside of the other frames. Would just leave me confused.

Again, if you want a random avatar that's loosely related to the chosen theme, then by all means. I'm just stating my worthless opinion on the matter.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I mean it's fine if you want a non-pens related frame. There's not crime against it obviously, but I just feel it goes against the spirit of having a playoff avatar theme in the first place.

I mean if we had the animals theme and somebody picked some random dude as their frame, I honestly wouldn't even get the meaning of the theme or how it was related to the team outside of the other frames. Would just leave me confused.

Again, if you want a random avatar that's loosely related to the chosen theme, then by all means. I'm just stating my worthless opinion on the matter.

It's not a worthless opinion, I think we just see it slightly differently which is ok
I can see your side of it and I agree to an extent.. I still like being able to show a posters personality within a single frame of the overall theme still works, since it's all still obvious that the avatars are still penguins related as a whole.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For those asking for special requests outside of the middle frame image (and for adding text/gifs to the middle frame) these requests while seem minor, open up a whole can of worms. Since these come in at such a rapid rate to take on those types of special requests create a lack of consistency throughout. They also open up for everyone to make those kinds of requests and it bogs down the already limited resources we have to create them.

That being said, if one of the other helpers making these want to take that on, by all means go for it. The ones I create will be sticking with the current template without those kinds of customizations.

As for the comment about the images needing to be penguin related, I think the theme is really the first and 3rd frames. The middle frame I think is open to whatever the posters personality warrants. Just like non playoff avatars, some people have penguin related ones and some have ones that have nothing to do with penguins or hockey in general.. I don’t really see anything wrong with that.

The font on the main frame is American Captain. It's a free font if you want to download it.
Here is the PSD file

Totally understand and appreciate you doing this.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Can I get this one?

833792_web1_crosbymalkincup.jpg

Didn't see if anyone had already done this one for you, but here you go if not.

Geno-Sid-Cup-19-Avatar.gif

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there

Here is the PSD file

thanks, I know it’s a pain and work to do these, I have a graphic design degree which I don’t even use because I realized I don’t like Graphic design.

May 17, 2009
Maine
This is my favorite playoff avatar theme since the one where we did "Established 2005". I haven't done playoff avatars since then because every single idea I had got stolen that year. So before anyone else claims it. Can I get one with a laughing Gary Bettman? Maybe this one:

bettman.jpg

BrokenStick

Feb 8, 2004
Ellwood City, PA
Are there any images out there with both Bjugstad & McCann in them? My quick searching came up with nothing.

If I can't get one with both, I'd appreciate an avatar with either. Thanks.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
not to nitpick... but I kind of wanted it to say “ no cup since Kunitz” lol, what font is that type in, I might try to do it myself

I’m just pretty sure I don’t have the font or else I would have tried to make the av myself
Originally there is no font to change, the first slide was to be left alone. I don't remember the font and @SUBdrewgANS didn't post it with the templates. I impervised on BHD's.

Sub is your man if you want the main slide changed.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is my favorite playoff avatar theme since the one where we did "Established 2005". I haven't done playoff avatars since then because every single idea I had got stolen that year. So before anyone else claims it. Can I get one with a laughing Gary Bettman? Maybe this one:

bettman.jpg

Done.
vv1iTVv.gif

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006

bettman.jpg

Roger that.

uQdGwfW.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad