Playoff Avatar Ideas

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How about keeping the "squ+" consistent, but also adding a nickname like the one you gave Ek.....Joel " Oak" Squirriksson-Ek. That way it's consistent, but also each player gets something unique. Like "Jordan "Nutbreaker" Squirreenway."
I like that idea!

If we can work in their real nicknames, do it, if not, come up with something unique for them.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
33760228-0-image-m-5_1601377408653.jpg

Mats "Lizard" Squccorello (yes, that squirrel is eating a lizard!)

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Might be getting too complex with that and going over some people's heads on them (mine included? No idea what your first two suggestions even reference)

I think the "squ+" additions to the names keeps the humor consistent and understandable for everyone.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Thoughts?

You might be right. For the record, Conker is a Donkey Kong character and ratufa refers to the family of Oriental Giant Squirrels, hence why it'd be fitting for our Jordan. I can't help it if people don't know their rodents, damnit! :laugh:

Also just looked again...

Maybe shrink the logo a tad to show a bit more background? Might work even better that way...

Yes, sir. Absolutely, sir.

aa5360ad132aad49552e3539eee411a8.png

Reactions: TaLoN

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
How about keeping the "squ+" consistent, but also adding a nickname like the one you gave Ek.....Joel " Oak" Squirriksson-Ek. That way it's consistent, but also each player gets something unique. Like.... Jordan "Nutbreaker" Squirreenway.

Oh, that's actually even better. Bonus points if someone more nimble is "Nutcracker" as the ballet reference, and Greenway is just Nutbreaker because big boys don't dance. Unless it's a very specific type of dance involving bare knuckle combat.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You might be right. For the record, Conker is a Donkey Kong character and ratufa refers to the family of Oriental Giant Squirrels, hence why it'd be fitting for our Jordan. I can't help it if people don't know their rodents, damnit! :laugh:

Yes, sir. Absolutely, sir.

aa5360ad132aad49552e3539eee411a8.png
Awesome! :thumbu:

And no worries, I'm obviously a layman when it comes to rodents... but I think squirrels are still awesome, and still a great avatar theme. ;)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Oh, that's actually even better. Bonus points if someone more nimble is "Nutcracker" as the ballet reference, and Greenway is just Nutbreaker because big boys don't dance. Unless it's a very specific type of dance involving bare knuckle combat.
Kevin "Nutcracker" Squiala
D1267_9_393_1200.jpg

Or better yet...
49624088711_37cbf868e3_b.jpg

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Awesome! :thumbu:

And no worries, I'm obviously a layman when it comes to rodents... but I think squirrels are still awesome, and still a great avatar theme. ;)

Eh, so am I. But Wikipedia is a great place.

Love the Nutcracker Fiala, by the way! Double bonus if he does end up slashing/spearing someone's family jewels, but let's hope that doesn't happen. Ahem.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Some common squirrel behavior could also play in: running telephone lines, scrambling out of trash cans they've nibbled through the lids of, limb leaping, robbing bird feeders, etc.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Thoughts on a "We're just here for golden lights" concept?

edit: wait i just caught up reading the thread... nvmd lol

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Successful test!

I still need to fiddle with the frame delay, but shoot me with ideas. Since nobody else is willing to do that... I might as well try to come up with something.

Frame 1: "This next frame has a squirrel."
Frame 2: Literally a squirrel of your choosing
Frame 3: Stanley Nut Playoffs

ALTERNATIVELY:

Frame 1: "We're coming for your nuts!"
Frame 2&3: Identical to above

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I still need to fiddle with the frame delay, but shoot me with ideas. Since nobody else is willing to do that... I might as well try to come up with something.

Frame 1: "This next frame has a squirrel."
Frame 2: Literally a squirrel of your choosing

ALTERNATIVELY:

Frame 1: "We're coming for your nuts!"
Frame 2&3: Identical to above
I like the coming for your nuts idea!

Can you make it 4 frames or is that too much?
Frame 1: We're coming for your nuts!
Frame 2: Squirrelified name
Frame 3: Squirrel of your choosing
Frame 4: Stanley Nut Playoffs

Alternatively
Frame 2: Squirrel of your choosing - drop in squirrelified name

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I like the coming for your nuts idea!

Can you make it 4 frames or is that too much?
Frame 2: Squirrelified name
Frame 3: Squirrel of your choosing
Frame 4: Stanley Nut Playoffs

Alternatively
Frame 2: Squirrel of your choosing - drop in squirrelified name

I managed to make this work, even with the agony of doing stuff with GIMP.

85b1d3c5fc339b9c3214be2d457262db.gif

49kb, so just within the HF avatar limits. Granted, since the actual visible avatar size is even smaller, there's plenty to work with.

Now, I just need to figure out a way to blend the squirrelified names in there without it looking completely out of place.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I managed to make this work, even with the agony of doing stuff with GIMP.

85b1d3c5fc339b9c3214be2d457262db.gif

49kb, so just within the HF avatar limits. Granted, since the actual visible avatar size is even smaller, there's plenty to work with.

Now, I just need to figure out a way to blend the squirrelified names in there without it looking completely out of place.
Maybe you don't need the "we're coming for your nuts" to be so large, so you don't need so many frames for it?

Look at @BigT2002 's avatar above, the text can be pretty small and still pretty legible.

Frame 1: "We're coming for your..." (maybe give this one the same background as the logo has?)
Frame 2: Acorn
Frame 3: Squirrelified Name (again, maybe give this the same background as the logo has?)
Frame 4: Squirrel of choice
Frame 5: Stanley Nut Playoffs

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad