Playoff anthem

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone remember Joey Gregorish.....the sky's the limit charge of the white brigade?

Was at Joeys house for a visit last week. He's planning a Mongrels reunion this year.

He's a consummate professional with everything he does. I'm sure he could pen something better than Burpee.

With thats said the "here come Dustin Byfuglien " line from the LMFAO parody was pretty damn funny. First time I heard it I literally spit coffee all over my dashboard.

Reactions: ulf

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Another fine Gregorash work. Looking back on Winnipeg in this vid is pretty funny though.

Joey Gregorash's parody videos on Skiddle Bits actually introduced me to the Beatles when I was a kid lol. This transit bus one and"Education" to the tune of "Revolution"

Edit: oh! He also did an "ice maker, zamboni driver yeah" song to the tune of "Day Tripper". My memory has been jogged

Last edited:
Reactions: ulf and Ducky10

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Nothing was more frustrating than trying to call into Skiddle Bits contests as an out of city kid, you'd never get through due to having to dial the area code. I recall Joey having contests specifically for long distance kids, probably too many moms calling CKY to complain lol

Oh man I remember that, what a bummer

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Nice to see some Joey fans out there! Like many Canadian musicians from the 70's, their catalogue is unavailable for purchase. Many tracks are only available bootlegged on line. A shame that a Juno Award winner like Joey is only remembered by many for Skittlebits & his comeback hit "Together."

Meanwhile his early discography is next to impossible to come by.

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 12.09.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Here's another great example of a Canadian act whose music is no longer available. No master tapes even exist of Stonebolt.

This track peaked at #1 in Canada & was a big enough hit it was picked up internationally, reaching #29 on US Billboard

Reactions: Poxsonus

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nice to see some Joey fans out there! Like many Canadian musicians from the 70's, their catalogue is unavailable for purchase. Many tracks are only available bootlegged on line. A shame that a Juno Award winner like Joey is only remembered by many for Skittlebits & his comeback hit "Together."

Meanwhile his early discography is next to impossible to come by.

View attachment 101655

Yeah I was 10 or 11 when Skiddle Bits started so I was really unaware of any music he did beforehand, although my mother did know who he was already lol

I was a big fan of the show and his musical parodies, so hopefully Joey can take it to heart he appealed to multiple generations

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->