Switzerland: Playoff action!

totozenerd

Dec 23, 2010
Lausanne
Here's a thread to discuss the NLA playoffs in Switzerland, and other matters such as Andreï Bykov's transformation into the God of Hockey (slightly biaised here), or the NLA/NLB barrage (sp?)

But first things first, WE WON THE NLB :win:

Next game this evening, ALLEZ LES DRAGONS!

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
Congrats to Bern, they were truly the best. They had a much deeper bench than Fribourg.

Nice to see Lausanne back where they belong! It's been a long 7-8 years.

Feel really bad for Langnau... you kinda had the impression that it was gonna be Ambri that would get relegated, every year it seemed like Langnau were getting more and more ambitious + they just built their new arena so it kinda sucks.

Apparently Simon Moser of Langnau is going to go over to NA next year and give it a shot. I remember Chicago gave him an invitation to their camp last year but he broke his leg (I think) at the end of last season so he couldn't make it. I wonder who's going to give him a shot at the NHL.

Reznor

Feb 20, 2013
Fribourg
Congratulations to Lausanne and Bern. It's a bit sad to see Langnau go back in LNB, I'd have liked to see Rappi to go down instead...

And for Bern, they simply were stronger. Fribourg players were on their knees without Dubé, Heins and Bykov (after the first period) and were simply too tired to have a chance.

But it still was a good season for the Dragons, maybe next year ;)

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Apparently Simon Moser of Langnau is going to go over to NA next year and give it a shot. I remember Chicago gave him an invitation to their camp last year but he broke his leg (I think) at the end of last season so he couldn't make it. I wonder who's going to give him a shot at the NHL.

Is this speculation or based on solid infos? :)
He tore his ACL at the last IHWC, he's had a tough season with more injuries, I'm not sure if it is the best moment to go over. I'd play another season with a good team in the NLA.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Same feeling for me, I'm happy to have Lausanne up, but it shouldn't have been at the expense of Langnau. They developped so many top NLA players, and many other got their first NLA experience there. A big loss for Swiss hockey.

Regarding Moser, I also read that he would like to try his luck in North America or go to Bern if he can't find a team over there. I guess he now needs a strong showing at the world championship.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
I really would have loved to see Fribourg finally win it, but congrats to Bern regardless. :handclap:

And Moser in NA would be awesome. I can definitely see him as an "AHL player now, 3rd line NHL player in 1-2 years" type of player. But his injury report might scare away some teams in NA.

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
Is this speculation or based on solid infos? :)
He tore his ACL at the last IHWC, he's had a tough season with more injuries, I'm not sure if it is the best moment to go over. I'd play another season with a good team in the NLA.

It's from PlanèteHockey.com:

http://www.planetehockey.com/news_detail.php?id=39231

English translation:

For their part, players have until Monday to say whether they want to stay or not. Those wishing to remain at the Ilfis will be offered an extension until the end of April. International [swiss player] Simon Moser should in all likelihood try his luck in North America. It could be transferred to SC Bern if he fails to make a team.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
It was about damned time for the best audience (by far) in Switzerland to comeback and enhance the LNA. Congratulations.

It's just a pitty that it wasn't Rappi that was relegated... but maybe the Tigers get another chance, when people in Ambri finally realize that this anachronistic club's end among swiss elite teams is as close as it can get...unfortunately!

Wawas comments were hilarious too!

as dead as football culture is in the Romandie... the love for hockey the fans show there is about as classy as it gets...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->