Playing Junior Hockey without a Car

Kane88

Nov 1, 2012
Hi all, I will be attending college this September and playing for a junior team about a 17min drive from residence. Google maps says the walk would be about an hour, so my question is how do players get to the rink without a car?

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
Hi all, I will be attending college this September and playing for a junior team about a 17min drive from residence. Google maps says the walk would be about an hour, so my question is how do players get to the rink without a car?

I think there will be a good chance another player will be attending same college if that close or someone lives nearby that could give you a lift. Just ask coach or GM and he will pair you up with a teammate.

HockeyVolunteer

Jan 8, 2016
Having had numerous billets live with us, a lot of whom didn't have a car, I can tell you that you'll rely on your teammates. As EasternFan said, either another teammate will be attending the same school who has a car, or you'll make friends with your teammates and one of them will have a car.

Piece of advice, if you get a regular driver, offer him gas money or fill up the tank every once in a while.:D

kij

Jan 31, 2016
So you are going to school full time, dorming, and playing juniors at the same time? Out of curiosity what team will you be playing for and are you looking to play college hockey or just have fun?

As for getting to and from your arena, communicate with your coach now. He will help you make arrangements through a teammate that you likely have not met yet. It is unlikely that a teammate goes to school with you however one of them probably will have a billet near campus or past campus so that you are on the way.

On top of that good luck managing practice, gym, and your studies.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

As already answered, won't be a problem once you find out what teammates are coming from where.

I remember your questions through the years, where did you end up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad