Playerunknown's battleground

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I just don't see why people want to make this Survival CoD. I guess to each their own and if the servers will be separate, then sure. I'll keep playing third person as well.

What? How would it be Survival CoD if it's first person only?

It makes rushing people impossible because they'll just sit around a corner and pop out with a shotgun when the right opportunity arises. Or if you're just running towards a building, somebody could be sitting in a window prone under it, seeing you coming the whole way, and pop out when you're in the middle of a field to shoot you when you had no idea they're there.

I mean, I just think it's only fair that people shouldn't be able to see you if you can't see them and vice versa.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What? How would it be Survival CoD if it's first person only?

It makes rushing people impossible because they'll just sit around a corner and pop out with a shotgun when the right opportunity arises. Or if you're just running towards a building, somebody could be sitting in a window prone under it, seeing you coming the whole way, and pop out when you're in the middle of a field to shoot you when you had no idea they're there.

I mean, I just think it's only fair that people shouldn't be able to see you if you can't see them and vice versa.

You could do the same thing to them if you wanted. It's part of strategy.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
You could do the same thing to them if you wanted. It's part of strategy.

That's a terrible defense. That's like saying some game breaking exploit should be used by everyone in any online game ever.

I'm not calling it an exploit, but if you're only defense is "you can do it too," it's not a good argument at all.

I am still curious how it would be like a survival CoD since it hardly shares anything with survival games or CoD.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Played first three games yesterday and liked it. Much like Culling in military settings, but I like the atmosphere and gameplay better.

Came in 3, 22 and 5 in those games with my three men squad, getting 2-4 kills each.

Just like in any game that has no respawns kills taste so much sweeter.

Have to play more to see if it holds up repeat like the best games out there.

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005
So maybe a silly question that I'm sure I can find the answer for somewhere but what is the point of your reward points. Are they a currency? Can you buy stuff for your character that affects gameplay or is it just skins?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
So maybe a silly question that I'm sure I can find the answer for somewhere but what is the point of your reward points. Are they a currency? Can you buy stuff for your character that affects gameplay or is it just skins?

Click on the Rewards link, you can get crates in which there are clothes (hats, gloves, jeans, shoes, etc.)

ASAIK, the utility belt is the only piece that gives you additional space for looting.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Played first three games yesterday and liked it. Much like Culling in military settings, but I like the atmosphere and gameplay better.

Came in 3, 22 and 5 in those games with my three men squad, getting 2-4 kills each.

Just like in any game that has no respawns kills taste so much sweeter.

Have to play more to see if it holds up repeat like the best games out there.

Oh what could have been with The Culling. The first week of that game was amazing until the devs completely ruined the game. The worst is when there was a huge outlash from the community to revert the changes and they chose not to do it. Reminds me a lot of the Tribes series. At first skiing was an exploit and they removed it in a patch. The community got mad and said to bring it back, that it makes the game better, and they did. It ended up being pretty popular rather than dead. Now you have the Culling, where some patch changes things for how the devs wanted it, the community hates it, asks for it to get reverted back, devs are too proud, now they work on a dead game.

On a scale of 1 to Day Z, how janky is this game?

If DayZ = 10 I would say like a 3? And that comes from somebody with 250 hours in DayZ.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
If DayZ = 10 I would say like a 3? And that comes from somebody with 250 hours in DayZ.

Not bad. I've been hearing a lot about this game. I'd like to check it out, but I'd probably play it very little.

I really enjoyed Day-Z but I had one too many weird jank related incidents that cost me a well geared character for me to really trust it.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Every day I keep telling myself I should/would stop playing video games after 10 pm to stop being sleepy at work but this game keeps me playing til 1 am.

Dammit.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Not bad. I've been hearing a lot about this game. I'd like to check it out, but I'd probably play it very little.

I really enjoyed Day-Z but I had one too many weird jank related incidents that cost me a well geared character for me to really trust it.

The main janky thing in this game is the jumping. It doesn't feel right at all and it can make you miss jumps until you get the hang of it. It is really responsive though. I remember so many times just having trouble with doors in DayZ, that kind of thing isn't an issue in PUBG.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Every day I keep telling myself I should/would stop playing video games after 10 pm to stop being sleepy at work but this game keeps me playing til 1 am.

Dammit.

Turn based games are the worst but it happens with every new good game for me.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Ive started playing solo games and holy ****, they get so tense when you get down to like 20 people left. In one of the games I lagged at the start so I barely got any loot, and just sat in a house with a shotgun in the middle of the zone until people kept walking in one by one and i'd kill them to get geared. Not that I condone camping, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Ive started playing solo games and holy ****, they get so tense when you get down to like 20 people left. In one of the games I lagged at the start so I barely got any loot, and just sat in a house with a shotgun in the middle of the zone until people kept walking in one by one and i'd kill them to get geared. Not that I condone camping, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do

I am definitely in fear of the camper behind a closed door with a shotgun. Think that is what has been my last three deaths(to be fair I should have seen the last one coming when he was behind the only closed door in a town). I got 2nd in my third ever game by playing very patient and methodical but it always comes to bite me in the ass if I get aggressive with the looting.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Had my best solo run ever last night. 4th place! The best part is I don't think I fired a shot. :laugh: Basically just came around the back end and avoided everyone. I hardly even saw anyone until the last minute or two.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
This game is so fun, but I suck so bad! I have one kill in like 5 matches :laugh:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
This game is so fun, but I suck so bad! I have one kill in like 5 matches :laugh:

That's me in a nutshell too haha.

Although I was lucky enough to grab an AWM and 15x scope from a care package yesterday. That was a fun round. Basically sniping guys across the entire island haha.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
How difficult do you guys think a console port is gonna be to pull off? I've been watching a bunch of footage and it seems to me that a mouse and keyboard is pretty imperative in terms of looting, equipping and not standing still while doing so. Regardless I'd love to play this on PS4...such a cool concept.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
How difficult do you guys think a console port is gonna be to pull off? I've been watching a bunch of footage and it seems to me that a mouse and keyboard is pretty imperative in terms of looting, equipping and not standing still while doing so. Regardless I'd love to play this on PS4...such a cool concept.

For a few matches I've actually mapped my PS4 controller to play because I'm so terrible with keyboard/mouse. It's not very difficult at all with a controller. If they want to port it to console, controls shouldn't be an issue.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
For a few matches I've actually mapped my PS4 controller to play because I'm so terrible with keyboard/mouse. It's not very difficult at all with a controller. If they want to port it to console, controls shouldn't be an issue.

I've wanted to play with an Xbox controller but I'm totally clueless on how to make that work. I thought the game had to specifically support that?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I've wanted to play with an Xbox controller but I'm totally clueless on how to make that work. I thought the game had to specifically support that?

I had a friend walk me through it. You have to go to Steam Settings in Big Picture mode and specifically map each button within the game. Took me about 15 minutes because I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and we were doing it through voice chat. Probably should only take like 5 minutes max if you're not an idiot like me :laugh:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I had a friend walk me through it. You have to go to Steam Settings in Big Picture mode and specifically map each button within the game. Took me about 15 minutes because I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and we were doing it through voice chat. Probably should only take like 5 minutes max if you're not an idiot like me :laugh:

Thanks, I ended up watching a Youtube video on how to do it and did get it to work. However... I started a game and forgot to map switch gun/reload, so I had to ditch it right away. :laugh: There really are a lot of important buttons to map, and in my half-game where I did use the controller, I kept forgetting the controls. Maybe I'll give it another go tomorrow.

I'm now up to four top-10s in solo, two top-5s. Hoping to get that chicken dinner sometime, but I think I've got a ways to go still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad