Players you've been wanting DW to acquire for the past year+.

Requin

Lurkedylurk
Jan 10, 2007
San Luis Obispo
For the love of god, how can some of you people still not accept/like that we got Torres. Somebody better call the waaampulance. :shakehead

Why, exactly, do I need to "accept/like" it? I mean, I'm not obligated to like a player just because he puts on teal. Obviously, I am hoping for his success on the team, and I'm glad for the actual hockey abilities he brings to the table. But it's not just about the logo; a team is a collection of individual personalities who you grow to love. I haven't loved a Sharks ensemble this much since probably '07, and it bums me out that there's a bad apple in the barrel.

I mean, how would people have felt if we'd grabbed Pronger? Happy about the skillset, sad about the person

tl;dr - what hockeyball said.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Why, exactly, do I need to "accept/like" it? I mean, I'm not obligated to like a player just because he puts on teal. Obviously, I am hoping for his success on the team, and I'm glad for the actual hockey abilities he brings to the table. But it's not just about the logo; a team is a collection of individual personalities who you grow to love. I haven't loved a Sharks ensemble this much since probably '07, and it bums me out that there's a bad apple in the barrel.

I mean, how would people have felt if we'd grabbed Pronger? Happy about the skillset, sad about the person

Well the guys on the team seem to love Raffi and I've never heard of the guy being a cancer or a bad teammate. This is a very close team which no doubt helps the chemistry.

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
I don't have any true preference, I just want to see something done with that $5-7.5mil gap that has been in the Sharks roster for 4 seasons now.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Well the guys on the team seem to love Raffi and I've never heard of the guy being a cancer or a bad teammate. This is a very close team which no doubt helps the chemistry.

Lapierre isn't a locker room cancer either, same goes for kaleta, cooke, and every single goon in the league. Does not mean that his team mates like the fact if and when said players cross the line and wind up taking penalties/suspensions.

This is more so fot the fans of said teams also. A 6 game suspension last playoffs were one reason (main reason if you ask me) that the sharks did not beat the kings.

Torres is a very good player, but he brings a risk with it that most people (me included did not want on this team) and that risk came back and hurt the sharks last postseason. And sooner rather then later that risk will most likely come back and bite the sharks in the rear again.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Lapierre isn't a locker room cancer either, same goes for kaleta, cooke, and every single goon in the league. Does not mean that his team mates like the fact if and when said players cross the line and wind up taking penalties/suspensions.

This is more so fot the fans of said teams also. A 6 game suspension last playoffs were one reason (main reason if you ask me) that the sharks did not beat the kings.

Torres is a very good player, but he brings a risk with it that most people (me included did not want on this team) and that risk came back and hurt the sharks last postseason. And sooner rather then later that risk will most likely come back and bite the sharks in the rear again.

The main reason the Sharks didn't beat the Kings was Quick. Torres suspension was a bs call. It may come back to bite them or it may not. It remains to be seen.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

Except that without his dubious history (and future risk), there is no way the Sharks nab Torres for a 3rd-round-pick and 2 million/year.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I've always been a big proponent of DW taking a look at a guy like Kristian Huselius, if he wasn't retired of course.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Because people can't change right? I am one of those people who have liked the Torres trade ever since it happened. But I did good research which included even checking the Phoenix boards. Torres HAS changed his game considerably in the last few years. It sucks that he will always be judged harshly because of his past history but that does not mean that he has not made adjustments to his game for the better.

Requin

Lurkedylurk
Jan 10, 2007
San Luis Obispo

Because people can't change right? I am one of those people who have liked the Torres trade ever since it happened. But I did good research which included even checking the Phoenix boards. Torres HAS changed his game considerably in the last few years. It sucks that he will always be judged harshly because of his past history but that does not mean that he has not made adjustments to his game for the better.

I'm not taking a position one way or the other on whether he positively impacts the team. I'm also not trying to pass judgement on him as a human being. Just saying, it's an entertainment industry, and I am not a fan of his. A couple years of good behavior in teal might temper that, but I doubt I'll ever be glad to have my team associated with him.

Anyways, we may be derailing the thread a bit too much here... it's no biggie, I'm glad some people are jazzed to have him around. Just my personal preference. :dunno:

I wanted Hannan back ever since he left and was pumped that DW got him back. Worked out better than I expected honestly

:yo:

SCinSJ

Sith Lord Burns
Feb 12, 2007
San Rafael, CA
I'm a Sharks fan through and through and even fist-pump when I see him score in teal but I will never, never be a fan of Raffi Torres. Same goes for Shelly and Marchment. Love the team but will never cheer for the player. In fact having them on the team does take away a bit of the enjoyment in watching that team.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
In addition to the d-men I mentioned, big fan of Okposo, Oshie, and as a fourth line deadline pick-up Chimera.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away

I also was thrilled to get Raffi. If not for the fact that I didn't want him on an opposing team!! Torres is a very good player.
Now, there are some in here that speak as if they know all the "behind the scenes" stuff, it's all speculation that you all state as fact. There is something wrong in that.
Opinion is one thing, stating that you know he can't change is rubbish.
Past history is just that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad