Players you've been wanting DW to acquire for the past year+.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
Crosby, Datsyuk, Weber, etc. Let's go for the heavy hitters all the time. :nod:

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Begins And ends with OEL for me. But I'm sure 29 other teAms feel the sAme wAy. My KeyboArd sucks.

Requin

Lurkedylurk
Jan 10, 2007
San Luis Obispo
Well, as long as you're not asking me to be realistic, here are some players I have hoped for at some point over the past several years:

Martin St. Louis
Tobias Enstrom
The Other Michalek
Francois Beauchemin
Ryan Kesler (I know, I know, so sue me)
Chris Higgins
Ryan Miller
Matt Moulson
Andy McDonald

Please note that most of these are for stupid reasons, and I'm not claiming any of them would be (or would have been) best for the team.

Also, I pretty much uniformly long for the return of most ex-Sharks who are still playing. It's a sentimentality thing. Hence my continued freakout over Hannan and Stuart being back.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
Well, as long as you're not asking me to be realistic, here are some players I have hoped for at some point over the past several years:

Martin St. Louis
Tobias Enstrom
The Other Michalek
Francois Beauchemin
Ryan Kesler (I know, I know, so sue me)
Chris Higgins
Ryan Miller
Matt Moulson
Andy McDonald

Please note that most of these are for stupid reasons, and I'm not claiming any of them would be (or would have been) best for the team.

Also, I pretty much uniformly long for the return of most ex-Sharks who are still playing. It's a sentimentality thing. Hence my continued freakout over Hannan and Stuart being back.

23wk2fc.jpg.gif

lGO4a.gif

keslerboatjumpsmall.gif

34fz7yh.gif

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
An upgrade on Irwin in terms of bringing a quality PMD on the left side could really improve their chances down the road.

Been a while since I really watched him, but how about Meszaros? UFA after this season and Philly might sell at the deadline. Plus he's Czech so he could communicate with Hertl. ;)

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Not quite in the spirit of this thread but I wouldn't mind seeing Manny Malhotra signed for the league minimum for 4th line duty ahead of the P/O's.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Been a while since I really watched him, but how about Meszaros? UFA after this season and Philly might sell at the deadline. Plus he's Czech so he could communicate with Hertl. ;)

It may end up being the best option by then but it would something to look for.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Hahaha! Man I was a Canucks fan before the Jets came back. Always loved Kesler's compete and will to win...but those gifs are a pretty accurate depiction.

I was skimming through the board to see who the Sharks could be targeting come trade deadline. If they get another impact player or two for when injuries hit, they're a better team on paper than Pittsburgh. Which to me no team has done since the 2010 Blackhawks. Cheers guys.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
They can use a 4th liner that can kill penalties and likely an upgrade on Irwin but those are items that aren't required for them to win right now. An upgrade on Irwin in terms of bringing a quality PMD on the left side could really improve their chances down the road.

I've always liked Mark Giordano and would like to get him as an upgrade over Irwin. Probably give up Irwin, 2nd, pick/prospect

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
A defenseman like Sekera, Michalek or Hejda.

A solid, skilled 2nd pairing defenseman is what stands between this team and the cup imo.

However good the Sharks are performing now, to take that next step in the playoffs the team needs to add a quality defenseman to go the distance. Not many teams are one player away from the cup. Do it!

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not with that contract.

I do agree - a PMD on the left side would be nice.

Ehrhoff's contract really isn't that bad. Most of the salary has already been paid, so this year he's being paid $4M and it declines from there. A $4M cap hit in a $70M cap ceiling for a playing like Ehrhoff is a steal. And he's a good skater so he'll likely last long. Plus, with the cap recapture if he retired early the Sabres would be stuck with his contract (right?).

And I'll never stop pushing Jake Gardiner.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
A defenseman like Sekera, Michalek or Hejda.

A solid, skilled 2nd pairing defenseman is what stands between this team and the cup imo.

However good the Sharks are performing now, to take that next step in the playoffs the team needs to add a quality defenseman to go the distance. Not many teams are one player away from the cup. Do it!

I agree a solid LH dman to pair with Boyle would be ideal. I've always been interested in Sekera or Michalek (though doubt the Coyotes would trade with us).

Vlasic - Braun
Sekera - Boyle
Hannan/Stuart - Demers
Irwin/Stuart/Hannan

That's a solid D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad