Players you've been wanting DW to acquire for the past year+.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Whenever DW acquires a veteran guy, he seems to often point out that he's been targeting him for quite a while, like more than a year. I think he said this for Mike Brown, Burish and Havlat. But my memory is horrible so I could be wrong.

So what player have you guys wanted DW to trade for for the past year+ that you thought would be great acquisitions? And what would you expect the price we'd have to pay be?

Obviously if they'd have to be somewhat reasonably obtainable otherwise it'd be too easy to say any super-duper-star and call it a day, lol.

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
I think with forwards the Sharks are fine.

There are players I like, but I know are essentially untouchable (Weber, Subban, Karlsson). I imagine the price for these would be Hertl and multiple 1sts.

On a more realistic front, maybe DW can get someone from a team struggling at the deadline (Stralman, Visnovsky). Don't know what the price would be.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Eric Nystrom. He always seems to play well against the Sharks. Hes big, can skate, hits, fights, kill penalties and can pop a few goals. Probably could be had for a draft pick.

Last edited:

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I think we need a more mobile ofd for Boyle. Someone with good defensive pedigree that can skate the puck out of trouble.

But I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think we need a more mobile ofd for Boyle. Someone with good defensive pedigree that can skate the puck out of trouble.

Because teams like to keep those mobile defensive dmen. I can't think of any either.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Always liked Korpikosky from Phoenix. Slot him on the 3rd, could slot into the 2nd line if need be. just signed a new deal though 4yr/10mil, doubt he is moved..
Maybe a 2nd/3rd round pick and player.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I reallllly wanted Yandle a few years ago, I wanted to trade Couture for him but I am really glad we didn't now.
I think another young true top 4 dman on left side is about the only hole on the team.....first choices now would be Ekman-Larsson maybe Cowen,but yeh not gonna happen and not worth giving up pieces when this team is so balanced. If Vlasic can keep creating offense it becomes less
of an issue. Irwin coming in at least has given them a hard shot over there as well.

edit: and Bobby Ryan! have also wanted Jokinen as well

v

Man in the Mirror

Aug 4, 2011
wanted him to sign ray whitney in 2010 and then again in 2012
also damien brunner

wanted him to pick up jussi jokinen off waivers last year

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Since we are now going into fantasy land...Evander Kane has the ultimate blend of size/speed/skill and has those intangibles that you can't measure. The kid is a monster and would look great in teal flying up and down the wing.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
You guys have basically named all my white whales.

I always really wanted Bobby Ryan while at the same time hating him because he was a duck. Now at least I'm free to like him as a Sen. I also was dying for Blake Wheeler this past offseason. With all the talk of Edmonton trading a forward because the rest of their team sucks, Jordan Eberle has always been my favorite of their "big 4." I know the others are all supposed to be more talented or whatever, but he just seems the most clutch, if that even exists. Plus he's ALWAYS the one that scores on us when we play the Oilers. Also Nick Bonino. I was bummed when we traded him and I hate that he's now good for the Ducks.

Ummmm... Sean Couturier. Seriously, when those rumors popped up last year I was stoked. And that one is actually kind of a possibility since Philly is gonna be in cap hell this offseason B.Schenn a RFA and Tommonen's contract up and needing to sign another Dman and a Goalie with only about 8 mil in cap space...

That's all I got for now. Though I'm sure I could come up with more lol

sjWHOOP

Jan 27, 2012
excluding this year since our 3rd line is pretty good

simmonds, bolland, perverly, kelly, nick foligno or some other 2/3 tweener

again excluding this year, any one of these guys slotted up with pavelski on the 3rd line would be awesome

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
excluding this year since our 3rd line is pretty good

simmonds, bolland, perverly, kelly, nick foligno or some other 2/3 tweener

again excluding this year, any one of these guys slotted up with pavelski on the 3rd line would be awesome

I'd put both Foligno brothers on Pavelski's wings. Buffalo sure knew what they had when they traded Kassian and kept Foligno.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
The last couple years I've really wanted DW to trade for Bobby Ryan or Kyle Okposo. But after the emergence of Hertl I'm pretty happy with our forward group.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
I don't really think the Sharks are needing anything at the moment. I'm willing to let it ride at the moment

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't really think the Sharks are needing anything at the moment. I'm willing to let it ride at the moment

They can use a 4th liner that can kill penalties and likely an upgrade on Irwin but those are items that aren't required for them to win right now. An upgrade on Irwin in terms of bringing a quality PMD on the left side could really improve their chances down the road.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Cody Franson would be interesting. The pedigree bit is debatable, but he's a solid offensive D who can move the puck and he's coachable since he played for the Don Hay pressure cooker in Vancouver in the WHL (Hay is a hardcore defensive system coach. You can't play for him and not know your role). With the tension he's had in Toronto on his last contract, maybe there's an opportunity to get him for less than market value?

Obviously Seguin. Why not fleece Boston for a 2nd Franchise center?

You know he's in Dallas now, right?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
On a more realistic front, maybe DW can get someone from a team struggling at the deadline (Stralman, Visnovsky). Don't know what the price would be.

I'd be really happy with either of those guys, actually. Both are legit good vets, as opposed to a Wallin type. Stralman is quite underrated. He's basically a Braun-lite type.

Obviously Seguin. Why not fleece Boston for a 2nd Franchise center?

All last playoffs I was hoping Seguin would continue to get ****** shooting luck so that his PPG would be terrible and he'd be traded. I was right and it happened, but Dallas got him. :facepalm:

Cody Franson would be interesting. The pedigree bit is debatable, but he's a solid offensive D who can move the puck and he's coachable since he played for the Don Hay pressure cooker in Vancouver in the WHL (Hay is a hardcore defensive system coach. You can't play for him and not know your role). With the tension he's had in Toronto on his last contract, maybe there's an opportunity to get him for less than market value?

I'd really be interested in either Franson or Gardiner.

My dream acquisition is Jakub Voracek. Maybe his shooting luck regresses from what it was last year and Holmgren gets impatient?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad