Player Discussion Players you're glad the Bruins missed on - Trade or Free Agent ONLY

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t think it’s fair to assassinate Vesey’s character because he didn’t sign here. It’s not even like we drafted and developed him but people act as if we did

He’s a meh player. I don’t think we really gained or lost anything by him choosing elsewhere

as for Tavares I believe adding him would’ve had ripple effects on the roster and we probably wouldn’t have Krejci or possibly even Coyle. And tbh I would rather have Coyle and his contract than Tavares and his contract

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Anyone here still interested in signing Hall for a big contract? He hasn't been performing lately...

I do believe he wants to be a bruin...Perhaps he takes a discount.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone here still interested in signing Hall for a big contract? He hasn't been performing lately...

With his numbers this year you have to wonder if he even gets that massive contract he was expecting. A goal-scoring winger who may not crack 20 goals.

Reactions: Blowfish

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
As bad as the David Backes contract was/is, I am eternally grateful we let Loui Eriksson go that summer, even if I hated the fact that we didn’t let him go at the deadline that year (when the Bruins looked completely hopeless).

Not sure how many people would believe me, but I was very much saying the guy was about to fall off a cliff.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Tavares. That's going to end up being an awful contract for Toronto. It's year 2 and they already have their knives out.

He's still a point-a-game center, similar to last year, but his goal totals are way down. I don't think he even sniffs 47 goals again for the duration of his Leaf contract. Very likely his first year as a Leaf will end up being his best and it's all downhill from here.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
As bad as the David Backes contract was/is, I am eternally grateful we let Loui Eriksson go that summer, even if I hated the fact that we didn’t let him go at the deadline that year (when the Bruins looked completely hopeless).

Not sure how many people would believe me, but I was very much saying the guy was about to fall off a cliff.

I was with you on Eriksson, did not want to see him extended.

But I also vehemently supported the Backes signing, so what do I know? :dunno:

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
He's still a point-a-game center, similar to last year, but his goal totals are way down. I don't think he even sniffs 47 goals again for the duration of his Leaf contract. Very likely his first year as a Leaf will end up being his best and it's all downhill from here.

I agree. And I think it will be a sharp decline.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I was with you on Eriksson, did not want to see him extended.

But I also vehemently supported the Backes signing, so what do I know? :dunno:

I didn’t “vehemently” support the Backes signing, but I definitely viewed it as the better option as opposed to keeping Loui. I had a personal bias in that even when Loui was scoring points, I hated his playing style. He was hailed as this great two-way player but I thought he looked extremely lazy much of the time. As if he was just going through the motions game after game. On top of that, I must say a 60 point season doesn’t look that impressive with the point production the top line puts up now.

Reactions: BruinDust

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Obviously it's not entirely Hall's fault, but each time he's moved teams in the NHL, the one he left immediately gets better, and the one he goes to gets worse. Now, it's only a sample size of two, but with the rumors about him being a bad teammate, I think he's a stay away.

It's kind of funny how he was MVP in back-to-back Memorial Cups, so there was this perception that he was a winner, but he's been a perennial loser in the NHL.

Reactions: Blowfish

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yea pretty embarrassing. Odd time and place to pull that move.

I think I get it. Just like he goes to a concert to hear performers sing he doesn’t want to hear a political tirade in the middle of the set. Or go to a movie where there is some stupid token underlying message or scene about where the director stands in a particular subject that has nothing to do with the plot. He comes here to read about hockey and hockey only. Not saying he’s right or wrong but he’s entitled to his opinion without people coming to this broad conclusion on his beliefs on everything in the world.

sports fandom is ridiculous. You blast one athlete for say his views like Kovalchuk but then cheer on a guy like Corey Dillon or Tyreek Hill regardless of his past.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think I get it. Just like he goes to a concert to hear performers sing he doesn’t want to hear a political tirade in the middle of the set. Or go to a movie where there is some stupid token underlying message or scene about where the director stands in a particular subject that has nothing to do with the plot. He comes here to read about hockey and hockey only. Not saying he’s right or wrong but he’s entitled to his opinion without people coming to this broad conclusion on his beliefs on everything in the world.

sports fandom is ridiculous. You blast one athlete for say his views like Kovalchuk but then cheer on a guy like Corey Dillon or Tyreek Hill regardless of his past.

I mean if he takes offense to a one line sentence from another individual not wanting a homophobe on his team then I think somebody Is being wildly oversensitive and it isn’t the “SJW’s”. Again this is a personal opinion thread...he’s the one taking offense to somebody’s personal opinion (and not even a controversial one imo)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I mean if he takes offense to a one line sentence from another individual not wanting a homophobe on his team then I think somebody Is being wildly oversensitive and it isn’t the “SJW’s”.

does that same guy root for any teams that employ questionable belief players on his teams or cheaters, or PED users, or convicts or domestic violence perps? I mean I don’t agree it shouldn’t matter what kovi believes (I wouldn’t have him) but I would bet the bruins felt he wasn’t good enough. I mean he had the same views when they were a finalist with the kings two summers ago no?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
does that same guy root for any teams that employ questionable belief players on his teams or cheaters, or PED users, or convicts or domestic violence perps? I mean I don’t agree it shouldn’t matter what kovi believes (I wouldn’t have him) but I would bet the bruins felt he wasn’t good enough. I mean he had the same views when they were a finalist with the kings no?

I honestly didn’t know about it and was glad I was informed of it in this thread. I don’t think he would fly in this market

But to that I would also say different things hit people differently. Like for me I do not give a shit about PED’s but I do care about domestic violence

As I’ve gotten older I’ve hated the fact we had joe corvo on this team more and more, for instance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->