Player Discussion Players you're glad the Bruins missed on - Trade or Free Agent ONLY

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Who are some players the Bruins were targeting or an overwhelming number of fans wanted that we never got and we are better for it?

Either by trade or free agency

I remember a time a bunch of people pined for Keith Yandle

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BMC

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Yandel/Shattenkirk were good misses

although would they have done better with us?

I remember harry sinden back in the day with a quote that eric Lindros was the type of player he would go after and pay... it was pretty much tampering.

turns out Lindros could have been a real disaster with a huge long term big money contract

too bad we didnt miss out on belesky … and honestly too bad we didnt miss out on karberle, keven stevens, and martin lapointe

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think we were in on Roenick the year after the strike. He went to LA and his career fell off. If I remember correctly. Of course we signed Zhamnov instead, so that didn’t really work out

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Yandel/Shattenkirk were good misses

although would they have done better with us?

I remember harry sinden back in the day with a quote that eric Lindros was the type of player he would go after and pay... it was pretty much tampering.

turns out Lindros could have been a real disaster with a huge long term big money contract

too bad we didnt miss out on belesky … and honestly too bad we didnt miss out on karberle, keven stevens, and martin lapointe

I think Bergeron lived with Martin LaPointe as a rookie IIRC and that helped him out a lot.....

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I think Bergeron lived with Martin LaPointe as a rookie IIRC and that helped him out a lot.....
no doubt there were stories about it... and thats important. having good locker room has its place

david backes recently was good lockerroom

but long term contracts at way above market value simply suck... having martin lapointe around stopped the team from possibly getting a legit scorer for a few years because thats in the old days of tight fisted spending

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I know there's a butterfly effect here and you can't extrapolate that the same fate would befall a player if he came here vs. went elsewhere, but I definitely felt a little relieved that we didn't trade for Kreider after he broke his foot right after the deadline.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Fine. There are places to beat your chest about that shit.

Here’s how I feel:

I don’t give two shits about anyone’s sexuality and I’m sick of hearing about it. This is a hockey board
Then let it be.

I’m just glad I don’t have to explain to my kids why the team they love includes a player who supports that ****

It’s not about politics or “SJW” nonsense

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->