Players you underestimated

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Who did you underestimate?

I'll be honest: I never thought Ryan Ellis would become a full-time NHL'er... due to size limitations, I assumed he would follow a Joe Corvo / MAB path. Mediocre defensively, but can contribute a lot offensively.

Wow was I wrong..

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Really didn't think Letang would be the same after the stroke. He's looking better than ever.

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota
A lot of people underestimated Rick Nash. I actually had very low expectations for Zach Parise this year. He's playing as good as he ever has since joining the wild.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I've been amazed at how well Nick Leddy has played for the Islanders. Never thought he would be anything more than a soft, 3rd pairing offensive D.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I've got a bunch:

Mike Green: I honestly thought he was done three years ago and would slowly bow out like Poti.

Tyler Kennedy: After last year, I thought he would be another useless plug for the Sharks, but his game is actually great right now.

MDZ: He has found his offensive game to an extent after I thought he wasn't going to be picked up by a team this year.

Marcus Johansson: I've had a long standing bias against Mojo and I think its time I stop. He's a serviceable player. just never liked how easy he gets bumped off the puck.

Dec 8, 2014
Gallagher

always amazed to see him go in the corners against the charas and win board battles

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Jason Zucker. Loved his speed but never thought he'd amount to anything. I thought he'd turn into a career AHLer who gets called up for injuries his entire career and would be included in a trade sometime down the line. I was very wrong. 17 goals this year and way more responsible in his own zone. He is a poor mans Zach Parise and I think he is only going to get better.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I always thought Tyler Johnson was good, but not that good. I liked Palat a lot more (still do).

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
TJ Brodie. When he broke into the league, I thought he was a scrambly mess of a defenseman with loads of talent but no poise.

Not so much.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Tarasenko, Forsberg and Giordano.

I keep waiting for them to stop producing at a ridiculous rate, but it has yet to happen. And I thought Tarasenko's career would plummet after his concussion.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Ribeiro this year.
Tyler Seguin career wise. I always thought he would be good but I used to think the whole Taylor vs Tyler thing was a complete joke since Seguin would never come close to being as good as Hall. I was a wee bit wrong.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Chris VandeVelde. I thought he was not good enough to play above the AHL, but he's been a decent 4th liner.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Who did you underestimate?

I'll be honest: I never thought Ryan Ellis would become a full-time NHL'er... due to size limitations, I assumed he would follow a Joe Corvo / MAB path. Mediocre defensively, but can contribute a lot offensively.

Wow was I wrong..

I too thought he would completely bust, and was wrong, but has he really shown that he will be more than a Corvo/MAB type?

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I underestmated how good Rick Nash would be this season.

I petitioned that he was criminally underrated in Columbus, and I looked stupid when he was nothing special his last year in NY.

Now he looks awesome, and I look stupid again for giving up on him.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Jayden Schwartz. I saw 45-50 points tops out of him when he was drafted, mostly as a middle-6 tweener who would be held back by his size.

Nvm he's freaking amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->